Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good News - Machine ORDERED ;-) - Bad NEWS ?

Good News - Machine ORDERED ;-) - Bad NEWS ?

YEA!!! Our new baby (CNC machine) is now on order, the bad news is our 6-8 weeks delivery time turned into 9-10 weeks. If I was a betting man, which I am NOT, I'd bet it'll be worth the wait :-), this is going to be LONGEST 10 weeks in history! I am so excited, and so is James. We do have a lot to do between now and then and hopefully we will have the shop ready for the new baby when he/she arrives. We won't know if it is a he/she until we get to know it, but my Mom always told me "A man may work from sun to sun but a woman's work is never done :-). (Hope you guys still have a sense of humor.)

Sorry everyone I get a little silly when I get excited about something so wonderful that is being added to our lives. Some of you started with us 6 years ago when we first got our laser and you know that my ultimate goal is to open a special coffee shop for the older people here in town. I have not lost this dream and hold to it with all my might and I am praying and listening to my husband that this new machine with help that come to be.

Please be patient with me, I do tend to ramble. Thanks for all your encouragement, you are all so wonderful.
    Last edited by James & Zelma Litzmann; 04-02-2012 at 7:41 PM.
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

let me tell you that you can ramble all that you want

you ordered on heck of a machine !!

Which machine did you order?
    Are you gonna make us wait until it arrives?

We ordered . . . drum roll please . . .

CAMaster CR-408 with the Cobra X3 Package . . .

We know NOTHING about CNC, so we are doing a lot of praying right now and stepping out on FAITH!
    God Bless,
    Texas

with a vac table as well

Yes, a vac table, Cabinet Parts Pro, VCarve Pro and Aspire. We didn't want anything to hold us back . . . other than us

Please tell me we weren't totally stupid?
    God Bless,
    Texas

you will have few to no limitations

We are also having it made ready for the recoil, to be added at a later date.
    God Bless,
    Texas

Oh, oh, OH, we also get training when we go to pick it up ;-) Not trying to brag or boast but super excited!
    God Bless,
    Texas

That's a killer machine, you did good!

Just one comment.....if you purchased Aspire you don't need VCarve Pro.

Great, Thank you Keith, that makes my day!!! The Vcarve Pro was listed on the invoice . . . so, is it one in the same or is one better than the other? I am guessing that maybe I should download the Aspire demo instead of VCarve Pro, or should I start with VCarve Pro?

Sorry Keith, sorta found my answer on the vectric website, list the differences side by side and I see what you mean . . . hummmm.
    Last edited by James & Zelma Litzmann; 04-03-2012 at 8:57 PM.
    God Bless,
    Texas

One question and one response, first the question, can you download the control software for your Camaster? Response, by all means get the Aspire it is head and sholders above vCarve and vCarve is terrific! In the Aspire demo software you can create all kinds of stuff and then view them in 3d preview mode even if the project is not 3d. I use Aspire for every single job I do even if it is something really simple. It generates really nice toolpaths. What you see in preview mode is what your job will look like when cut. The Vectric website has tons and tons of really great tutorials, do them all. Even if right now you don't quite understand what they are doing, do them anyhow. Once you start running your real machine they will come back to you and you can go right back to them and off you go. I have had my machine for a couple of years now and run it daily and I review a tutorial at least once or twice a month. In addition my machine (ShopBot) has downloadable software so I was able to learn how to run my machine during the 6 weeks I was waiting for it to arrive. Aspire was not developed yet when I got my machine so I didn't have that luxury however because Vectric wrote the software for ShopBot and also Aspire the learning curve for Aspire was very quick. I know 10 weeks is forever but you will have such a great time with your new machine it will certainly make it all worthwhile! Russ

What Vac did you go with?? Which spindle?

Sounds like an awesome machine?

Will be a good time to figure out placement and get some Dust collection piped overhead to that area. Get some new circuits ran.

CONGRATS!!
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Great machine, I'm not sure but v carve pro might come with the machine as standard. If you can get the company to knock off a little by not getting it. If you get it there will be a few folks you would probably like to buy it and have the license transfered.

Bob