Thread: Help in finding something

Help in finding something

A time or two I have seen what I would call a magnitizer-demagnetizer for magnetizing things like screwdriver tips For the lack of correct name or not knowing the right place to look, I have come up empty The 2 I have were not more than 1-1/2" sq. Sure would ike to find one for my 6 inch square drive screwdriver tips Thanks for any help that you can provide. Have a great Easter.
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

I'm thinking McMaster-carr or Grainger would have what you're looking for
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Lee Valley

Harbor Freight probably. I've usually seen those at discount stores and the like.

Good old Google shows a whole bunch of them from about $6 @ Rockler to about $9,000 @ allmagnets dot com.

Look in your local hardware store. After all, it isn't an unusual item.

You can make an electric one with the windings for a solenoid.
    A quick press with the tool in it magnetizes the tool. Running the tool in and out of it de-magnetizes it.
    Last edited by Myk Rian; 04-08-2012 at 8:54 AM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Peachtree, item 4222, $5.99

Sears carries them, as well as several other stores (should find one locally, pretty easy). The hard part is finding someone who knows what your talking about. You actually have the right term, and they are branded by different companies. (General tools is what I believe the home centers normally carry around here)

Dan Thanks very much for posting Peach Trees item #. I had asked in every possible hardware store and looked myself and could not find them. The blank stares came at the home centers. were the biggest. Dan I'll be ordering two from Peach Tree because if they are like my pencils and utility knives once I put it down I will have a hard time finding it.
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!