I am looking for ideas to add a little more peace of mind security to my double shop doors in the basement.

I recently moved most of tools out to the side of the house so I could work on finishing the shop. I also installed a camera system to be part of a much larger home security setup. I decided to review the DVR to see how well it captured video when I noticed two different trucks had stopped and parked on the street next to my house while I was inside the shop working. During both occasions a driver stayed in the truck and two or more men got out and just stood in my yard staring at my tools. I was outside today and noticed one of the two trucks drove down my street today but did not stop while I was outside. (I live at the back of the subdivision just above the cul-de-sac and we hardly ever see any traffic). Now, I am a little concerned that one or more parties may have been casing my house.

The shop is wired into the home security system. The secondary double door does have bolts that go into the upper and lower framing. The primary uses both a lock and deadbolt. However, when the entire door is closed it is still pretty flimsy. I am a small guy and I am pretty sure I could kick it in myself. I have also replaced the hinge screws with four inch screws. But, it is still where the two doors meet that I would like to reinforce.

I have pretty much shelved the moat, spike trap and alligators due to HOA approval concerns. A dog would be nice but my wife's allergies are already off the chart due to wood dust and drywall dust.

Thanks for any ideas you have.