Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little Rant but mostly a Caution!

I have had that happen a few time over the years with amazon.

I have never been a "need it now" kinda person. I keep a wish list of things of small items I need, then, when I order something big or have a group of items over $25 I place the order for free shipping. I almost always get my stuff in less than a week.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

So you can buy into a prime account and share it with others? And no one thinks that is wrong? Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David Kumm View Post
    So you can buy into a prime account and share it with others? And no one thinks that is wrong? Dave
    You're allowed to share it with a certain number of people/addresses.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Amazon prime. I've had a few things go over 2 days, usually when a holiday was involved, but generally I'm amazed with their speed and efficiency. I wouldn't let the ineloquence of one CS rep dissuade you from enjoying the benefits of prime membership. I actually like having a few things go long from them just so I'm certain they have have humans working there! I've never had occasion to speak to one.

I recently converted to Prime but have had nothing but good experiences.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I have never had any problems with Amazon Prime. Another benefit of Amazon Prime is free movie downloads to our internet connected TVs or computers. I do not watch them much, but my wife & grandkids love it.

I have used Amazon Prime for years and I have nothing but good experiences with shipments and arrivals being on time. On the rare occasion that I needed to talk to Amazon C/S (not about Prime) they have been helpful in solving my problem in a practical and professional way. I consider that Prime is an excellent value. There have been many times that I needed to make a very small purchase (one that would not qualify for free shipping elsewhere) and Amazon most often will have that item eligible for two day free shipping. Can't beat that deal!

Yep. The example I often give people when I am discussing Prime is, a $5 pack of #2 pencils at my front door in less than 48 hours, and I save time, taxes, gas, wear and tear on my vehicle, and shipping.

Just an update. My shipment never did arrive. I requested a refund from Amazon which they did and bought the collett through Rockler. Had it in 2 days. Standard Shipping.

The $79 prime membership is one of the best investments I make all year. It covers me and my immediate family.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Robinson View Post
    You're allowed to share it with a certain number of people/addresses.
    Not that way that was originally stated.

Under the Amazon T&Cs, you can share a prime (non-corporate) account with up to four FAMILY members living at the SAME location. So, yes, I do think that sharing it and gaming the system using the "ship to" address is wrong. It drives up costs for people like me who are playing by the rules.