Thread: Thumbs up to Kreg

Thumbs up to Kreg

I called them last week about my bandsaw fence. I was just getting around to really dialing everything in and I noticed that the face of the fence was not true. It's an aluminum extrusion and the flats were not in the same plane, so a straight edge held across the fence would wobble. No wonder I was tearing my hair out trying to get a square cut! Anyhow, the thing is probably about a year old but this was obviously a manufacturing flaw. Everything was pin straight but not in the same plane.

When I called them, I simple told them the situation, and I got an immediate "OK, well send one right out". No hassles, no fuss, no shipping back the bad fence (can't imagine what they'd want it for anyway...I'm just going to toss this one). The new one arrived today and it's dead nuts.

Every now and then, I deal with a company that has a great product and stands behind it without giving me headaches. When I do, I just like to share.

Kreg has been very successful building quality products. A friend once bought an A-2 pocket hole jig that was missing the chip ejection holes. Rather than just sending him just the drill guide section, they sent a whole jig at no charge.

The Kreg representatives act very professional and countless woodworkers love their products. I recently talked to the folks from Kreg at the Charlotte woodworking show about a fence for a Powermatic 14" bandsaw that didn't function properly. They offered to replace the fence and appeared genuinely concerned.

However, after looking around, I settled on a EZ Square Bandsaw Fence from Peachtree. Peachtree also sells the Kreg, but the side-by-side comparison leaves no question about the better product. The Kreg representatives still insisted on sending a replacement unit for the defective product. That seems fine since I can sell it and recoup some of the funds spent on the higher cost EZ Square Fence.

+1,

I have dealt with kreg support a few times. I can say they back there products 100% even after the warranty has expired in my experience.

I have many kreg products and I'm happy with 99% of them.