Thread: Antique Grip Guard

Antique Grip Guard

I found this "Grip-Guard" in an antique shop in North east Ohio. I have never seen one before or unable to find anything out on-line about this tool or the company that manufactured it.
    it is made of aluminum and has little adjustable teeth on the bottom to grip the wood. About 12" long.
    Anyone ever see one before and know what year it could have been manufactured?
    It was made by "The Safety Research Corp" 811 E. State Street. Sharon Penna.

The Safety Research Corp. Safety tools for woodworking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Look for a patent number, then Google it.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Look for a patent number, then Google it.
    Thanks. No patent number ,only "patent applied for" I can often find something on an old tool but find nothing at all about the tool or company.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I don't know what it was in it's former life, but that address is a parking lot now.

Charley

This likely came out in the '60's; vocational schools (woodshop) is given equal billing with industry. The "vokies" that have survived now push culinary training or medical field training. I went to an all- male Vokie, Rindge Tech in Cambridge Mass. years ago and loved it. Auto shop, drafting, woodshop- all the mechanical arts were offered. We were looked down upon by the students at High and Latin business school as being Neanderthals, but the chicks still came around for free oil changes and tuneups on the side.

- Beachside Hank
    Do not use remaining fingers as push sticks.