Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OK Roger, swear me in!

OK Roger, swear me in!

I just pulled the trigger on the Grizzly G0733! I can hardly wait! I got half of the trench dug for the 220v line out to my shop today. Man, that's hard work. My 10yr old son has really helped me on this one. I have to work from now until shortly after midnight, then I have to go shoot a wedding from noon until whenever tomorrow. I won't be able to work on it anymore till Sunday. The lady in CS told since I ordered before 1pm that it should ship today and take 3-5 days. They are so much nicer at Grizzly than Walter Meyher. I also ordered a Grizzly 6" grinder for $29 to replace my Harbor Freight slow grinder. Man freight will eat you up! $184.00 with the liftgate service! I will keep you updated with pics as I get more done.

2. Congratulations Jason! I do not think you will be disappointed..........I know my 0698 has been superb from day one! Make sure you post to the "Grizzly Green Monster Group" which you can go to by clicking on "community" at the top of the page, then "groups" then you can post pics, discussions, gloats, and get specific answers to your questions from other Grizzly owners.

Welcome aboard...........take a minute to join the GGMG, and then you will be set.........you will be the 35th member of the group!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Done! and already posted my first question! I will post lots of pics as this is a momentous purchase for me.I have been turning on a harbor Freight lathe for about 6 years now. It has served me well but I have been waiting for the day when I can upgrade. The Jet 1642 was a major let down for me so I'm staying positive that the Grizzly will be excellent. I know calling Grizzly customer service was a huge and refreshing change already. It was really pleasant and the hold time was 15 seconds compared to the usual 15-20 minutes for Jet. So far so good! For my first turning I want to turn something as close to 18" as I can get!

Congratulations on the new lathe purchase!!! I am sure you will have a long and joyous partnership on your turning journey,
    The Large print givith
    and the fine print takith away

Congrats on your new lathe.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

congratulations and enjoy your new lathe

Jason, congrats on the lathe, and hope the trench digging goes well! Hope you don't hit rock.

Jason while you are in spending mode you might as well add a hollowing system to the shopping list. I sent you a PM.

Still no word on shipping. I guess it didn't ship out Friday like they said it would. Hopefully it will ship tomorrow. My next purchase I think will be a better bandsaw. I have a Delta 14" right now and it is a great bandsaw but lacks the power and capacity that I need. I have my eye on the Rikon 14" pro bandsaw. It seems like a very good deal for what you get. Then after that I may look at a coring system. I want to turn some larger bowls and I hate wasting wood so this seems appealing. I'm a real packrat when it comes to pretty wood. I have to force myself to throw out cutoffs and such when I clean up. I have never done a hollow form before so I don't know much about hollowing. A creeker visit to see Bill may be in order to see what I need to get started. I would love to do a vase or some other hollow form.

Congrats on your new lathe Jason! Looking forward to seeing the photos once it arrives! Enjoy!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Congrats on the new lathe! You should be able to turn most anything!

Just called the fine folks at Grizzly. The nice customer service lady said it is boxed up and will go out this morning! They are so nice to deal with. This has been a much more pleasant experience so far!

Still no tracking number or notification email yet. I did get the trench almost finished for the 220v line. I wanted to get it finished before the rain tomorrow but that didn't happen. The mosquitos and exhaustion got the better of me. I did go to Lowes and get all of the supplies. $184 worth of wire, conduit, circuit breaker, and outlets... here is the progress so far..
    trench.jpg

Makes me tired just looking at that! The rain will make the ground softer and easier to dig though!

15. I know the feeling Jason..........when I put my shop building out back, the summer was in high gear and we at the time had no rain for weeks............the ground felt like concrete, and I did the same as you ......used a maddock [pick] to dig my trench....code demanded at least 18" deep............that was real work. Knowing what I know now..........I would rent a trencher...........be done in a couple of hours and not near as tired and sore! Good luck!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!