Thread: The Mailwoman! is Getting Ahead of Me!!

The Mailwoman! is Getting Ahead of Me!!

OK, Mike Cruz and the Mailwoman have been conspiring to deliver more Flat Rate boxes of Ambrosa faster than I can get them turned and cored. I'm trying to keep up....but it's tough. This afternoon I cranked out 3 - 12" X 12" X 5 1/2" nested sets with my McNaughtons and turned to final thickness. But notice that yesterday's deliveries are sitting there for tomorrow. For now I am feeling a bit more confident ....until I create another lampshade!! Beautiful ambrosa isn't it? C & C's welcome.........

DSCF0442.jpgDSCF0443.jpg

2. Do you always shrink wrap your bowls?
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Roger - I've been shrinkwrapping a couple of inches around the rim. The theory is that it keeps the rim from drying too quickly and keeps some compression on the rim as well. I sticker them and set them bottom side up. Seem to work pretty well.

Your mailwoman is really getting a workout! I bet she'd appreciate one of your ambrosa bowls as a tip.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

You are definitely in the production mode!

Nice job Mike! That's some nice ambrosia and looks like you'll have some nice nested sets when they're dried and finished!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Great looking sets Mike. Just wondering out loud if shrink wrap might work instead or in conjunction with Anchorseal on unturned blanks. I cleaned up and removed the pith from a bunch of fruitwood and many were of a shape that would have lent themselves to wrapping instead of wax. Ever tried that?

Always seems that I have way more wood than time to turn . . . . . . oh well what doesn't make it to the lathe makes great fire wood when I take our grandsons camping.
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

Peter - I have used shrink wrap (or a plastic grocery bag) for short periods of time. However I have a couple of pieces that I forgot and left in the shrink wrap and I see that there are mushrooms growing out the seams in the shrink wrap. I don't see this with the Anchorseal treatment. This tells me that shrink wrap wouldn't be the way to got for extended times.

Mike, you are a monster. Glad you are putting that AM to good use. But by my count, there are three turned and 4 boxes...didn't you get 8? I think the mailwoman stole one from you.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Nice looking corings Mike. You are a machine.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Nice group of bowls Mike, looks like that McN is going to pay for itself.
    When you approach the lathe you have "the plan", after your first catch you have "the intent".- P. Harbeck

Hey Mike. Thanks I guess I'll just continue to boil and bag or just bag as required.
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

Blog Entries
    In the cigar forums that would be a cigar bomb. In the wood world I guess you've been wood bombed. Very generous bomb.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.