Thread: Creeker Visit and a Load of Wood

Creeker Visit and a Load of Wood

A couple months ago, Kevin Nee offered me another piece of Birdseye maple. Not being one to refuse any wood, let alone beautiful stuff, I couldn’t turn him down. Although he was willing to mail it, I told him to wait and I would stop in sometime. Last week I paid him(and his dog Frieda) another visit on the way to Maine.
    Kevin Nee (2).jpg
    What was supposed to be a brief stop somehow turned into three hours. Must have been having a good time!
    Somewhere along the line he did cut me a piece of birdseye.
    Cutting Birdseye.jpg

Thanks again for several pieces of great looking wood, a tasty cupcake and a very enjoyable visit!

It was then back on the road.

Moose.jpg
    I had a peach tree that had been propped up for several years fall completely over this winter. My efforts to pull it upright failed so I will have a little peach to turn.
    Peach.jpg
    I would prefer the peaches though!

Since it is still too early for boating,
    Public Landing.jpg
    I took a half hour ride and visited my cousins firewood pile.
    Woodpile.jpg
    Hadn’t planned on hauling any wood this trip so didn’t have my big van. The MVP on the back of this one is supposed to stand for Multi Purpose Vehicle so I figured why not.
    Loaded.jpg
    Spent the next day ripping out the piths to lighten the load(and I had to make room for the dog)
    Ready to reload.jpg
    After the 600 mile trip home yesterday, the top right piece of Ash got cored into a 17.5” bowl today.

Hope you enjoyed some of the pictures. I enjoyed the trip.

2. Nice moose, Baxter! And the wood haul ain't bad either! That is quite a pile of timber there your brother has...........he ought to be able to keep you set up for a while with turning blanks!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Nice pics, nice load of wood and a nice visit! Sure looks like you had a good time!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Nuthin' much better than friends and cousins with wood. Nice trip, Baxter, but I think you pushed the limit of the MPV designation on that van!

Did you put the Beale buff to that moose? Yup, still a bit chilly up here for boating, but the alternative was certainly worthwhile. I bet the gas mileage was a bit lower on the return trip.

Nice haul. Looks like you had some great visits.

Sounds like a great time, Baxter. Bet your grass loves all that wood sawdust in it...
    I drink, therefore I am.

You're a lucky man, Baxter! Nice haul!

great haul, woodhound #1

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Martin View Post
    Did you put the Beale buff to that moose? ....
    Sure looks like someone did Roland. Pretty sorry looking finish if you ask me.....for a moose that is. Guess they think it will appeal to those tourists who stop to take pictures. There were 3 black bears on the southbound reststop I noticed on the way back. Didn't bother to play tourist with those.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    ..... Bet your grass loves all that wood sawdust in it...
    I did rake it up Mike. Its not the first.....and won't be the last!

Sounds like a great trip and a great visit.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.