Thread: staplers and nailers

staplers and nailers

Question: I have a Supco 7/16" stapler that more than my other nailers jams. I know I am supposed to put the brand oil in the air intake but can I use a drop of regular oil or WD40 till t gets broken in. I mean put oil on the shooting mechanism. How about my other nailers:senco. bosditch, PC.
    Last edited by Harry Goodwin; 03-28-2005 at 3:02 PM.

I am not sure what you are asking. Most of the PC and Senco nailers come with a bottle of oil. 3 or 4 drops of oil into the air hose inlet prior to use is what is recommended, not anywhere else. I don't tink WD 40 or motor oil ? is recommended. If anything I would use 3 in 1 oil (light machine oil) over anything else in a pinch. Hope this helps Harry.

Corey

thanks Corey. Maybe a drop of air tool oil on mechanism would help. I do make sure I add the supplied type and amount in air intake. Thanks again

I got yah now Harry. Your wanting to know about oiling the mechanism to help with the Jamming. Man I have looked through my PC manuals and nothing about oiling anything in the mechanism. My PC's have never jamed, if your new gun is jamming alot, maybe it needs adjusted some way or the other? Take it back and try another one?

Corey

Thanks Corey. I'm like you have never jamed my other air staplers and nailers. I think I remember a threead that said too much oil and it would stain our work. Maybe that's where the lubrication comes from and I'll add a couple more drops in the air intake. Thanks again Harry