Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: veritas tongue and groove plane?

veritas tongue and groove plane?

rob,
    when is this going to show up?
    i am in need of one by early summer. i know i can get a LN no. 48, but i really like the planes you guys make.

sorry don't post at all, but i read most everything.
    adam

Im curious too, id be interested in one of those as well! And a larger tenon saw too while youre at it.

I'm interested too! I heard it was going to be an add on to the plow plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Lewis View Post
    rob,
    when is this going to show up?
    i am in need of one by early summer. i know i can get a LN no. 48, but i really like the planes you guys make.

sorry don't post at all, but i read most everything.
    adam
    Hi Adam,

I'll verify tomorrow, but I think it's by the end of this month. The pricing is in my in-bin right now.

Cheers,

Rob

[joe isuzu] you can have this brand new plane for the special price of $6. Trust me..why would I lie?[joe isuzu off]

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    [joe isuzu] you can have this brand new plane for the special price of $6. Trust me..why would I lie?[joe isuzu off]
    You may be showing your age here, David - not sure how many people still remember Joe.

We would see the actor who played him now and again as a bit player for a while - he never touched the heights of the Joe Isuzu role, though.

David something or other. I think he was on golden girls or some show, I don't think that's the right one, but about the right era.

You're right, he disappeared completely. Those commercials were on when I was a kid. We ran around school saying that to each other.. "trust me, why would I lie?"

I guess by some standards I'm not that old, but i'm old enough that I've said a lot of jokes to people and then had to explain them as a history lesson

Still waiting for the tenon saw!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Grady View Post
    Still waiting for the tenon saw!
    Me too - last iteration with the mold was promising....!

Cheers -

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Hi Adam,

I'll verify tomorrow, but I think it's by the end of this month. The pricing is in my in-bin right now.

Cheers,

Rob
    This is an attachment for the small plow plane right? I've got that in my birthday list (it's the only thing on the list :-) hoping that I will be able to use it as both.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Thompson View Post
    This is an attachment for the small plow plane right? I've got that in my birthday list (it's the only thing on the list :-) hoping that I will be able to use it as both.
    Yes - it's an extension to the functionality of the small plow...

Tongue and groove sizes available will be 1/8", 3/16" 1/4", 4mm, 5mm, and 6mm. Also adding 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16", 3/4", 12mm, 16mm, 18mm straight blades.

For those that already have the plane - we'll be mailing an intro offer directly to you (around 25% off) the new parts... pick and choose what you'd like...

Tongue cutters, and blades over 12mm (over 7/16" Imperial) will require the addition of a conversion kit - basically a skate that sits between the body and fence to provide additional support for the wider blades. Conversion kits are handed (R or L) - wide blades will fit either hand of plane.

Conversion kit will be $29.50 intro ($39.50 reg), and will allow use of all Tongue and wide blades. All new straight blades will be $13.50 intro ($16.50 reg), and tongue blades will be $17.50-20.50 intro ($23.50-27.50 reg).

All of this is backwards compatible.

I know it looks a bit confusing here - but we'll get it all charted up and explained soon...!

Cheers -

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    David something or other. I think he was on golden girls or some show, I don't think that's the right one, but about the right era.

You're right, he disappeared completely. Those commercials were on when I was a kid. We ran around school saying that to each other.. "trust me, why would I lie?"

I guess by some standards I'm not that old, but i'm old enough that I've said a lot of jokes to people and then had to explain them as a history lesson
    David Leisure! It was Empty Nest you are thinking of. I'm too young to remember the first run episodes, but I do remember seeing re-runs, perhaps some of the later episodes new.
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

alright rob,
    way to come thru. i would like to know a little bit more about how this all works, if you don't mind. you see i am going to the chicago LN event this saturday to play with their no 48 plane. and i have seen the videos on it, so i know it looks easy to use.

how will the t&g version work with the plow plane? will you have one blade (like the 48) and just cover part of it up when doing the groove, or will you have different blades for each operation and have to switch them out. i am just trying to gauge my options, since i will have an opportunity to buy the 48 this weekend. i have a lot of t&g planing to do this year, and i would just like to have the easiest tool available.

thank you for all your help so far
    adam

Adam - what size is your stock going to be (what thickness?). The original stanley planes work very well for T&G unless you can't tolerate the sizes they come in. Aside from the size (if you use machine planed 0.75" lumber exclusively), the only improvement I can really think of is that the iron for the LN is one piece (some people find smaller thin irons hard to sharpen, but skill erases that being an issue).

That sounds pretty cool Rob. I have a feeling I'm going to like it!