Thread: How to outline a symbol

How to outline a symbol

I need a marlin for my trophies and plaques job. All I have is what the school supplied.How can I make it stand out and with thin lines. When I pull it in x3 it has blue selected boxes around it and It calls it a symbol.
    Attached Files Attached Files

you mean like this,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Mike Mackenzie
    Sales and Service of Universal Laser Systems

Thans Mike,
    How were you able to outline it? I even tried to trace it. Now all I need to do is get it not to look like a blob when I resize it. For the plaques it will be about 2 to 2 1/2" and trophy plates 1/2"

Sal

when you make a symbol go to the edit menu and you will find "edit symbol". From there you can make any changes you want to the symbol then click "finish editing".
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

To de-blobify ....

Using Mike Mackenzie's file, click on the red outline and then in Object Manager pen tab, click in the "Scale with Image" box.
    Epilog Legend 32EX 60W

Precision Prototypes, Romsey, UK

Thank You ,

Mike,Mike and Michael

That will do the trick for this job, I have never noticed the edit symbol before

Symbols are useful if you have multiple copies of the same item in one file. Then if the symbol even changed, you only have to edit it one time and it gets automatically updated in all the locations that it is used. If you wish to keep it a symbol in your file that is your choice, but the other option is to convert it back to individual objects for "normal" editing. The procedure would be select -> edit -> symbol -> revert to objects. Make a copy of the symbol somewhere outside the drawing area for future reference before you "revert to objects".