Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Emerges

Thanks for all the comments. I definitely needed to do something different and this was prompted by some new flowers coming up in my wife's flower garden, so I guess, that's where the inspiration came from.
    Last edited by Ken Glass; 04-23-2012 at 7:57 AM.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

Beautiful piece Ken. The bent stem just makes it.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

the bent stem is wonderful!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Some really great WOW factor to this one. If you do the temporary stamen show us a photo.

"The best things in life are not things."

This turned out really nicely. I have some reservations about the idea of adding a "stamen". If you do it, I would second the idea of temporally attaching it. Sometimes you gotta know when to stop. Sometimes that's the hardest part. I cannot see how any added "embellishments" would do anything but detract from this. I could be wrong (gasp?). But as a good friend used to say "I may not always be right but I'm never uncertain."
    David DeCristoforo

Fantastic! I have to admit, I had by doubts when you posted the WIP photos. But seeing it finished is a real treat. I like the black stem too - I think I had thought brown might look better, but I really like the combination of the red dye and the black stem. One thought on the stamen, I like the profile view just fine, but depending on what height it is displayed at, the stamen might help. What I mean is, if the piece is displayed on a table less than 3 feet off the ground, viewers will be looking down on the piece, and that view may be lacking some detail because all you will see is the top of the flower. However, if the piece is displayed up around eye level, then the viewer will get a good perspective of the bent stem as well as the flower.

At any rate, that is a fine piece. Well done!
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

Hey All,
    I have decided to leave well enough alone. The general consensus was it was OK without the stamen, so after I sent a picture to my daughter in Albuquerque, the real Artisan in the family, she said to leave it as is, so that is good enough for me...... Thanks again for all the great comments and suggestions.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

That turned out great Ken! I really like the color combo and as everyone else said, the bent stem takes it up a notch!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Really awesome piece. It really has it all including superb execution.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.