Thread: My next bandsaw

My next bandsaw

I was out perusing the GSA Auction site and found my next bandsaw.......Or what I wish was my next bandsaw. Logisitics make it kind of hard. It is in Arizona, and I am in Alaska. For those of you in the lower 48......Check this thing out

Bandsaw.jpg

36 INCH'S of pure bandsaw. It would require an addition to most shops but it would be worth it
    "There is nothing more dangerous than a resourcful idiot".....Dilbert

Man that thing is as big as my whole shot, looks like a family could live under the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    looks like a family could live under the table.
    Hmmm.... Wonder if I can get an FHA loan for it....

Is that a DC stuck on top of a 5gal bucket I see?

That is one massive machine, wonder if it's single phase. I might could use it.

Bwaaa HA HA Ha HA Ha Ha
    Husband to 1, father to 9
    2 girls and 7 boys (in that order)
    Life Is Full Of Blessings
    The Lord is my Rock and my Refuge.

Is there a riser block available for that?
    Richard

Looks like a very late (1980s or 90s, they went bankrupt in I think 1992) Moak 36" Super. Not the cream of the crop in 36" saws but right up there. Most likely a 5hp DMD 3 ph motor. About 17" of resaw, 9' or so tall and about 1 1/4 tons IIRC. The biggest issue would be room for it and moving it, short of that it would be a whale of a saw BUT that is one with a super big table and I would actually find it difficult to use without a feeder.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Yeah, I bought a Tannewitz GH 36" bandsaw, 'bout that same size. When I went to pick it up it kinda makes you feel like the dog that finally caught a car... now what am I supposed to do with this??

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Hellmer View Post
    Yeah, I bought a Tannewitz GH 36" bandsaw, 'bout that same size. When I went to pick it up it kinda makes you feel like the dog that finally caught a car... now what am I supposed to do with this??
    That IS funny Ryan. Did you finally pound out your teeth marks and start using it? How about a little review for those of use who lust for big saws. Has it been a good saw for you? My 21" saw seems like overkill for most of the stuff I do, but I had the room and money so it's mine now.

Want to know what kind of trailer you loaded a monster like that onto. Think maybe I'd have to add a 3rd axle to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    Want to know what kind of trailer you loaded a monster like that onto. Think maybe I'd have to add a 3rd axle to mine.
    Look at JLG 1014. Best trailer for moving old machines. Dave

Andrew, I'd love to give a review, but the saw has not yet arrived at it's final destination. We hauled it on a 22' tilt deck trailer, unloaded with a Case 580 backhoe, parked it in a friend's hangar. The saw was built in 1926 and needs some TLC before I can get it up and running. Don't hold your breath, but I'm working on it. I'm currently working on a big cradle to lay it over on its side so that I can get it through my standard garage door. Once in my shop, I'll still have to run the upper wheel assembly up between trusses. It's really just madness. My 14" delta has done everything I've asked of it but 20" of resaw sounds pretty cool.

P.S. good luck leaving teeth marks on a tannewitz.

Ryan