Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 23 Gauge Headless Pinner Recommendations

I have the Grex. Simply works all the time. No fuss, no bother, no marring.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Blog Entries
    I have the Porter Cable and I don't recommend it. It works ok but when you first attach the air, it hisses until you drive the first pin. It kind of irritates me so I grab a piece of scrap and waste a pin. It's not a big deal but there ought to be better.

I've got the Ridgid, works fine so far

For what it's worth, I've got the Ridgid. It'll do 1 3/8". I've only put a few thousand pins through it so far, but it seems to work fine. Got it for $80 on sale, or less than half the price of a Grex.

Rich:

I presume you haven't received it, yet, but ... is there a sign-up sheet for borrowing it ??

Thanks !
    He's no fun. He fell right over !

i don't have that issue with my pc138

Cadex, for sure.

I don't need a pinner , but it's fun reading up on them. Just an observation from this thread and many others here. I guess it's something I tend to do as well. That is to justifying the use of a Harbor Freight item.
    Why is that? I guess when an expensive tool works well it's to be expected , but when a cheap tool works well it often amazes me. Often it's said something like" It's just a HF but it works fine". Funny soon I'll be saying " Please don't think less of me but I have a low cost tool I love"

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Joiner View Post
    That is to justifying the use of a Harbor Freight item.
    Why is that? I guess when an expensive tool works well it's to be expected , but when a cheap tool works well it often amazes me. Often it's said something like" It's just a HF but it works fine". Funny soon I'll be saying " Please don't think less of me but I have a low cost tool I love"
    Guess it's just human nature. Some people will buy one piece of junk item from HF (they have many to choose from) and immediately damn every item in the place now and in the future. They do have some items that are a great bargain (meaning a good price for an item that does its job). Just as an example, some of their clamps. I really don't like their F clamps, i have four of the longer ones and i end up using them when I need the length, but I always notice that they are not as good as my other clamps. But their newest, smallest F Clamps are great. I bought a couple at $1.99 a piece and went back and bought my total up to 10. I use the things all the time now. Likewise their 3/4" pipe clamps, they have a new style that has the feet like Rockler's. Not sure there is much to say about a pipe clamp, it either works or it doesn't, these do. Other than their fein look-alike multi-tool, I pretty much go along with the prevailing wisdom to skip any of their products with a motor...at least the portable tools. I've bought several when I needed something quick and cheap for a particular job (or to fill a gap while another tool was being repaired or replaced). All of those are now in my stash of tools i keep around to loan the neighbors <g>.

After a year or two of wanting one I broke down yesterday and ordered a Grex. It is on the way from Amazon.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

bought the ridgid because of the price and warranty
    forgot to submit the warranty card until it was too late to qualify for the lifetime...

Oh well, the price was still a lot less than grex, and for a hobbiest it does what I need.
    "It's Not About You."

I only use my pin nailer for pinning trim into place while glue dries. My HF purple pinner does a dandy job for cheap money...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

the pinner really helps in tacking together smaller parts and doesn't even make much of a sound like the larger guns do