Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You Can't Be SERIOUS!

Pete...that's just sick!!
    You must have been a good friend, congrats on scoring one of the finest current production lathes around. Look forward to hearing your experience with it.

I'm betting you could add a few sandbags underneath to help give it some more ballast...

Have fun and be safe.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

2. Geez ...........talk about falling into it.................I don't think I have ever told anyone you S _ _ _ , but in this case I might be tempted!

"Seriously" congratulations on a great lathe.............and all those other goodies..........you should be ready to tackle anything with that arsenal!!!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Congrats on getting a monster lathe. I sure hope your shop floor is strong enough for that beast. Seems to me that the one I looked at in St Paul was 1400lbs or so!
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

That's a nice gloat for sure! If you decide to part with the Mustard, I'm sure there'd be a line at your door (including me!)
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

That is a massive looking lathe! Congrats and enjoy!

Seriously, that is an amazing lathe. Congrats. Too bad your friend isnt going to turn any more or is he going to upgrade...is there an upgrade?
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Aldrich View Post
    Seriously, that is an amazing lathe. Congrats. Too bad your friend isnt going to turn any more or is he going to upgrade...is there an upgrade?
    He is moving to a condo in Florida so space is limited. I am still trying to figure out the best place to put the lathe in the garage.
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

WOW, Pete, it just does'nt get any better than that!! A very big congrats to you!

Hey Pete. I haven't been on this forum in a while but saw this thread while perusing. Who moved? That is a sweet lathe! Who got your mustard? How are things in MI? Not doing too much turning down here. All the tools are in the garage and ready to be used once I get around to it. I brought down about 40 rough turned bowls ranging in size from 8" - 19". Mainly cherry, walnut, and Ash. They are ready to be finished. Hope all is well with you and the turning group. jim

Your real gloat is not the tools but the friendship. Enjoy both.
    faust

I will make the sacrifice and haul that 3520B away for you. Looks like you could use the room.

How large of a bowl can you turn now?

Bill

What a score! (and a great friend you have!) ...A little like winning the lottery? The only other wood lathe that comes close to that heavy-weight, high-end, bad boy is the Laguna Pinnacle MTP105 and IMHO, the Serious SL2542 is the better one. Congratulations!

Here's a Dream Machine comparison.
    http://www.woodturner.org/community/...eYourLathe.pdf
    Last edited by Aric Krueger; 02-15-2013 at 9:34 PM.

That's quite a gift. I checked out the Serious at the San Jose Symposium - massive was my first impression.

ps:it may just be me, but is your computer living in April of 2012, or am I just seeing a wierd date and time on your posts?

"You Can't Be SERIOUS!"

Apparently, you can...
    David DeCristoforo

Good things happen to good people Pete!