Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You Can't Be SERIOUS!

You Can't Be SERIOUS!

My dreams have come true!

A few years ago a friend and I started a local turning club and we have about 10 members which meets every other week. Last week my friend told me he was moving to Florida and wouldn't need his lathe or tools any more. I had let him know that if he ever was to part with it to let me know. Yesterday I became the proud papa of a Serious lathe. It is 3 hp and has a #3 morse taper in the headstock and a #4 in the tailstock. It is such a beast that I can't believe it! He also gave me 2 strongholds and many turning tools.

Needless to say I am overwhelmed and look forward to a turning summer. I am not sure what I will do with my 3520B but I'm sure I will figure it out. Thanks for looking.

Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

I've never heard of the brand...but that looks like a serious piece of machinery! I can only imagine that you're just as thrilled about this as many of us are jealous!

Sad that your friend had to part with his lathe, but lucky for you. Look forward to seeing it half covered in shavings.

That is one Serious lathe! Congrats Pete!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

congratulations Pete

Pete I would take my time about selling your mustard monster-----test drive the Serious for a couple months first.
    ---I may be broke---but we have plenty of wood---

And it's not even Christmas time! Nice score Pete!!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

7. A Serious lathe is a high end piece of equipment.......on par with anything on the market including Robust American Beauty....congratulations on a fine piece of turning hardware!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Pete,

That is a real cool deal. Congratulations it looks almost new!

Alan

Congrats Peter. What a generous friend you have. Can't wait to hear what it's like to turn on the behemoth.
    When you approach the lathe you have "the plan", after your first catch you have "the intent".- P. Harbeck

Congrats Pete!! That is quite the gloat!! You should keep your Mustard so you will have something to turn finials on!!

Looking forward to seeing how you like turning on this beast!! Have fun!!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Congrats Pete. Thank is one hunk of iron.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Congrats Pete!! Now that's how you do a gloat! That is a beautiful machine! Definitely one of the finest lathes available, and a dream machine for sure. I'd keep the PM 3520B... Then you have a "big one" and a "little one"
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Serious lathes are incredible 1500lbs of rock solid lathe. Nice score. As far as the 3520B goes, pay it forward to someone deserving.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Pete, this can't be good news - just think of all the accessories you will have to switch out with those odd morse tapers!!! While you have it on dollies, I will just come and get it out of your way to save you the expense of the switch over!!

That is one fine gloat!!

Thanks for your responses! I already have another small General lathe for finials so I am all set there.

John, I hate to say this but he included all of the adapters, a monster system, 3 sizes of Kelton blades, a spindle rest, and many turning tools!
    I also purchased his regular tools which includes a 3 tier toolchest stocked full more tools than I know how to use. I filled up a pickup Friday and got the lathe and dust collector system Saturday. I am very blessed and overwhelmed!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf