Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Laser Engravers Always Broken

Ditto all what Dee said.
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

Maintenance is a key, some take good care some don't so that is a big variable. If you ever
    watched a laser in action, you may be stunned how little repairs there are considering what you
    ask it to do. The next question is how mechanically inclined are you? Some that aren't see more repairs
    as others see them as tweeks or adjustments. Just like anything else though, take 10 cars 9 may be
    fine and the 10th one a lemmon. Epilog and ULS are standards here, the next step up is Trotec
    that seems to be top of the line, but it does cost more. Not sure where Kern fits in as I haven't
    seen much here.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

I run my laser as a side gig since it doesn't pay the bills like my 9-5 right now. I average running it about a hour a week doing small jobs for people, I am on the far end of not using it consistently enough. I have a 6 year old Trotec that I've owned for about 1.5 years. I bought it with a loose belt that was causing the previous owner problems, but after I replaced a nut and tightened the belt, I've had no problems. I don't run it nearly as much as I should, but I'm pretty confident I could run it 8 hours a day with no problems, the thing is a tank.
    Trotec Speedy 30W (firing at about 34W) 29"x17"
    CNC machinist using Mastercam for Mills and Lathes
    Mechanical Engineer using Solidworks and Pro Engineer Wildfire
    Aquariumist Extrodinaire