Thread: Husky compressor deal ??

Husky compressor deal ??

Is this husky 8 gallon, oiled, cast iron compressor a good deal at Home Depot for $99

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=202564847

I probably would use it for nailers and cleaning tools, projects etc.

(Moved because of lack of response)
    Lori K

I don't know about the Husy, but, I have over the last thrity years purchsed used ones. I have always winded up with a better compressor as in larger to let me use other tools I would not have attempted to use such as sprayers. My compresors met their demise my my neglecting to dain them.

I would think that this is a pretty good deal. I have a Harbor Freight compressor of this same size that I paid this same price for. It's served me very well, but I would think that Husky is a much better brand. Name-brand equipment at HF prices couldn't be a bad thing, could it?

I a HF that looks identical to that one. Good little compressor for light work pinners, 15ga, 18ga brads/staples. Mine won't drive a framing nailer but I have a much larger 5hp C'man for the big stuff. You NEED to bleed off the water on a regular basis as they seem to create alot of it.

Kevin - really? I have what is probably the same compressor as you, and I have no problem using my framing nailer with it.

Thanks guys. I think I'll run out and get one.
    Lori K

you'll love having a compressor in your shop and will find a 100 uses for it.

whether or not it will drive a nail gun depends...

125 psi is sufficient...

the CFM required to run the gun depends on how fast your blasting away.

My guess is that it will support your needs just fine... and you can always add a second tank to store some add'l air and decrease you cycle time.