Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miles

Miles

Maple hollow form measuring approximately 5.75 inches tall by 5 inches wide that has been carved and textured. It is finished with aniline dyes and flat clear acrylic. All comments and critques are welcomed and appreciated.

Miles-3.jpg
    "My favorite piece is my last one, my best piece is my next one."

Saw this one first on Facebook - loved it there, still love it! Great color, form and I really like how the texture varies and is not mechanical in layout! Very nice work! Thanks for sharing!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

my comment: are you still sane after all that carving? I'm always amazed at pieces like that with so much hand-carved detail. I would have a hard time with the patience to complete that. Impressive and wonderful proportions.

Very nice form, good job on the texturing.
    Always drink upstream of the herd.

Beautiful. Love everything about it. Can you explain the name, "Miles"?

Miles Davis - Some kind of blue...

Miles is a blues musician.

7. Another nice form, Joe. I really like the deep blue color........the texturing /carving looks to be done with a conical stone or carbide burr...............with all the individual indentions, if each represented a "mile" traveled, it could almost represent an endless journey.......when I saw your title that is what came to my mind first, but your tribute to Miles Davis is understood.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Call it whatever you like, I think is is a very .nice piece. Thanks for showing

Blog Entries
    Again, I see a post from you and can't wait to open it. This one is no exception, another superb piece from you Joe. Your variety and all around skills really make you one of the best IMO. Always a pleasure to see your work my friend, well done.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

This one I like - a LOT!!! Excellent form, texture and color. Great work, Joe!

Love the form, the slight irregular arrangement of the carve outs, and the color.

Perfect form, as always..................beautiful, Joe, thank you so much for sharing your talent.

Rich
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

Had an arrythmia with that one, Joe! WOW!

Great looking hollow form. I like the texturing and the color just makes it jump out. Actually Miles Davis who is no longer with us was considered to be a "Jazz" musician and on the leading edge of some of the things he did with the trumpet...

Thanks for all the comments. Andrew, you are correct. Miles Davis was a jazz musician. I was thinking of "Kind of Blue" when I incorrectly typed Blues musician.