Thread: My first bowl swap

My first bowl swap

So I've now participated in my first bowl swap, however this was through another forum.
    These are the pieces that I made and did a trade with Robin Costelle, they both are from the same block of Maple and measure 8 3/4" X 1 3/4"
    010_03.jpg008_06.JPG004_05.JPG003_05.jpg

And here is the piece that I received from Robin, Ash 10 1/2" x 3" though I've never seen a piece of Ash quite like this before.
    003_06.jpg
    This will be #1 in my collection of work by others.

John

Beautiful bowls all the way around John! But I have to say I think the 1st is my favorite, love the dye job on the outside and natural on the inside, and the rim detail is very cool!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

I'm with Kathy on this one, while the others are nice that 1st one is extra special. I suspect it was a finishing challenge, especially the way you rolled the dye and finish over the top edge. Well done!

Very nice work, John!! I really like the first one, as well, and the wood is exceptional. In addition to being an incredible woodturner, Robin is a super nice fellow. His kids attend college just south of us and he stopped by for a visit a few weeks ago. We swapped a bit of wood, and I ended up with some more very nice curly maple.