Thread: Rikon 70-050VS lathe bed height?

Rikon 70-050VS lathe bed height?

I have on order a Rikon 70-050VS lathe from Woodcraft. I also have an extension bed left over from my Central Machinery 5 speed lathe (HF) that bolted right onto the HF lathe like it was made for it. The lathe extension is made with a Rockler name on it for the Rockler Excelsior lathe. I contacted tech support on the spacing of the holes of the end of the 70-050VS lathe and they match up with what I already have. Now, I am wondering what is the height from the surface that the lathe sits on to the top of the lathe bed? If any of you have such a lathe, can you measure the height of the bed for me? I would be curious also to know what the height of the Rikon 70-100 6 speed lathe is in the same regards. Height from work surface to lathe ground surface bed.
    Vern

I started out in life with nothing and I've managed to keep most of it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have the 70-050VS and the bed extension, and I measured 7 and 11/16" from the work bench to the lathe bed surface. I do know that the 70-050VS and the 70-100 use different bed extensions, but I don't know the height of the 70-100.

Thanks Kevin!! I believe my lathe extenion is about 7 1/2 give or take. It has wide rubber feet with 8mm treaded 1:125 pitch thread, so I can lower it down or raise it up. Went to Menards last night and got 2ea bolts that fit the holes for the feet at the end of the extension. The other end, one that attaches to the main lathe body, has the same spacing holes as does this extension. The 70-100 that I measured at woodcraft has different dimension of holes center-center than does the lathe extension bed I own. Rikon gave me the dimension of the 70-050 and the hole pattern is the same.
    Vern

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I may also ask, what is the overall width of the surface of the bed from one edge to the other. Also what is the center tracking between the bed's 2 ground surfaces?
    Vern

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry, I didn't realize you'd come back with other questions.

I have a bed width of 4.34", and 1.26" between the bed rails.