Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Delta Rebates

1. I hope delta fix these problems.

Just email them and threaten to file a complaint with the attorney general in your state like I did. I never called. I may have also posted something on their Facebook wall too.

Received a response to my e-mail, they claim to be "backlogged" and " I`m not sure as to when your rebate will be mailed"

I have requests out to their rebate email, facebook, and customer service email. I called the Delta machinery customer service number and the nice lady I talked with explained to me that Delta was sold off and she was unable to help me at all.

I hope someone breaks through on this and lets me (us) know how to receive the rebate that was promised.

-Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kincaid View Post
    I have requests out to their rebate email, facebook, and customer service email. I called the Delta machinery customer service number and the nice lady I talked with explained to me that Delta was sold off and she was unable to help me at all.

I hope someone breaks through on this and lets me (us) know how to receive the rebate that was promised.

-Brian
    Well, I filled a BBB complaint and it was closed with no respons from Delta Machinery.
    I guess they don't care anymore.

-Brian

They have 2 closed/unresolved complaints in fact. Which means they now have an F rating with the BBB.

http://www.bbb.org/nw-south-carolina...on-sc-90005151

FYI

I can tell you that my current experience with Delta's rebate process does not seem to have improved. I sent in a rebate late April/early May, and received the confirmation on May 9th. It was the standard 'we are behind, but working on it' response. I did not hear anything and sent an email to them on 9/21 (Friday) and got a response on 9/24 (Monday) - a quick turn around. I indicated to them I was contemplating taking advantage of a current rebate deal Delta is offering (the free low-profile sander deal) but have not, so far, due to this current rebate ordeal. Well, that offer ends on 9/30, and the only response I have right now is the note below on 9/24. Here is the recent explanation:

Dear Chris,
    Thank you for contacting DELTA in regards to the status of your rebate submission. We are behind on sending out these rebate checks. Our Company Controller has been out of the country which has been making it very difficult to get these checks signed and sent out. I have just contacted her with all of your information in an attempt to find out when your rebate check will be mailed. I am hoping to hear back from her soon. I will let you know as soon as I have received an update on when your rebate check is going to be mailed out.

We would like to thank you for choosing to purchase DELTA products. Sincerely, DELTAŽ Power Equipment Corporation

I'm still undecided if I will go ahead with the current offering. This service is simply unacceptable.
    Last edited by Chris Stolicky; 09-28-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: typos

Well - for a good tool company rebate story - EVERY single free tool Makita rebate I've sent in has come so fast, it suprises me when I see the box on my door. Literally within two weeks it seems.

So for all the rebate haters - keep your love for Mak, they're on the ball.

And I sent in some with Home Depot clearance priced receipts - no hassle at all, even though the purchase price was close to 25% of retail.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stolicky View Post
    Our Company Controller has been out of the country which has been making it very difficult to get these checks signed and sent out.
    That's because the new owners are also out of the country. Don't hold your breath waiting.

From Wikipedia:
    Current ownership

In January, 2011, Taiwan-based Chang Type Industrial Co., Ltd. purchased the Delta brand from Stanley Black & Decker.[2] Chang Type formed a wholly owned subsidiary, Delta Power Equipment Corp. to own the acquired assets including trademarks, designs and industrial tooling.[1] Chang Type is moving Delta's production tooling from a Stanley Black & Decker owned facility in Jackson, Tennessee to a facility in Anderson County, South Carolina.[3] Bryan Whiffen is President & Chief Executive Officer and Norm MacDonald is Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer of Chang Type's Delta Power Equipment Corp. subsidiary.[1]
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

^ Yes Julian, I am indeed a "rebate hater"
    8 months & counting.
    Never again.

New lead rebates@dpec-na.com

Calling now

EDIT ^ DEAD END, gee what a surprise
    Last edited by Randy Rose; 10-05-2012 at 2:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Rose View Post
    I`m @ 6 MONTHS and counting.
    Any one have a phone # for this "Erin"
    Thanks !
    The # for Erin in S.C. is 864-231-5888 X112
    The TOLL FREE # for the plant is 1-800-368-1487
    I plan on calling the 1-800 # until their switchboard melts.

Erin in rebates 864-231-5888 X112
    TOLLFREE to the plant is 1-800-368-1487
    Anybody know how to build an auto dial machine ?

I've been waiting since April for $100. A number of emails from Erin but still no check. The last one on 10/8 said we'll be sending rebate check out very soon. This was the first one that wasn't signed, "a proud member of the DELTA Team".

At least she realizes there's nothing to be proud of. I feel bad for Erin. She's the one that management put in this position.

While I like my drill press and a couple other Delta tools in my shop, there won't be any more. their total disregard for their customers will, in time, put them out of business ... or maybe Black and Decker will but them.

Wednesday I emailed Delta and told them what I was sending to the S.C. Attorney General along with a request for a fraud investigation. I got a return email telling me they pulled my paperwork and my check would be out by the end of the week. I got an email Thursday saying my check was being brought to the Post Office Thursday night. I received my $100 check today and took it right to the bank.