Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta Rebates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Delta Rebates

Has anyone actually received a rebate check from Delta? How long did it take?

I'm at about 10 weeks and counting. They acknowledged receipt about 5-1/2 weeks ago.

Ugh... I just mailed mine last week, and they acknowledged the receipt of it. Here is what they sent me:

"Thank you for submitting your materials for the DELTA 2012 Winter/Spring Promotional Mail-In-Rebate. Your submission has been received, and is being processed. We have been overwhelmed with the amount of rebate submissions received at the last minute for the 2011 Rebate Program. We have started off the 2012 Rebate Program a little slower than anticipated. We will inform you when your rebate is scheduled to be mailed."

Sounds like they're still working on 2011.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Sounds like they're still working on 2011.
    Sounds like they may have a pretty decent sized back log....

According to Erin at Delta this isn't a priority for them. She, and she alone, works on it as she has time from her regular duties. Once she finishes it goes to finance to cut a check, then it has to wait for 2 of the 3 senior management people to sign the check before being mail. Her solution to my complaint was to put mine on top of the stack, so now some of you who have been waiting longer than me will wait even longer.

I suggested they make getting me a check a priority or I can ask the MI attorney general to suggest they make it a priority.
    Last edited by Matt Meiser; 05-04-2012 at 2:11 PM.

If it's anything like their spare parts orders your can figure to wait a few months or more. I've been waiting for a part for my lathe since Feb. 8th and still no ETA.

Hmm...seem to have stirred up a little trouble over there. Erin just emailed that she just took my check to the post office.

If you are waiting past the deadline, maybe that's what it takes.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    That was my thought or maybe more so you mentioning the Attorney General. It really is too bad that companies no longer seem to care about customer service.

Apparently squeaky wheel gets you moved to the top of the pile. AG threat gets your check sent.

I love the drill press. The company worries me. Hopefully its just growing pains getting the whole thing up an running.

I wonder what the scope of this issue is. Rebate fraud/late payments can be the basis for a class action lawsuit. If they have twenty rebates sitting around that probably isn't the end of the world, but if they have thousands, that could be a much more significant problem. The next person that calls them should tell Erin that the grumblings on this website are pointing towards contacting a class action law firm. If you want them to take this issue seriously anyone with an unpaid rebate should post a quick reply as such if they are willing to be a named claimant in the suit. Here is a little information on class action stuff:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...ts/alt059.shtmhttp://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...ts/alt059.shtm

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Rebate...n.-a0171770575

You can Google "US FTC Rebate" or something similar to read up on the subject. If anyone is past Delta's stated time period that information would be especially helpful. One or two people threatening to file complaints with their state's AG office or with the Better Business Bureau probably won't change much. Get a class action going with the potential for a multimillion dollar judgment and they will take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Wahl View Post
    Rebate fraud/late payments can be the basis for a class action lawsuit.
    I'm not to into making more rich lawyers. But a couple inquiries from Attorney Generals would get their attention real quick. That drove Best Buy right out of the rebate business. CompUSA got slapped pretty hard too back in the day.

I did get my check early this week. Disappointing that it took a threat to get them to live up to their promise but if that's what it takes. They need to get their act together on all the after-sale stuff like parts, customer service, and accessories or the machines won't matter much.

Matt, glad to hear you finally got your check. Your last comment about after-sale stuff struck a chord with me - I bought a standing drill press from them about 6 years ago and it took six phone calls and 3 weeks to get them to send me the manual, which was not in the box. (The squeaky wheel resulted in a FAXED copy...) In the meantime, I couldn't rightly assemble it without fear of mucking something up. I've been wary of Delta since, but I admit that I'm quick to hold a grudge. Grumble grumble.

daniel
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Has anyone actually received a rebate check from Delta? How long did it take?

I'm at about 10 weeks and counting. They acknowledged receipt about 5-1/2 weeks ago.
    I`m @ 6 MONTHS and counting.
    Any one have a phone # for this "Erin"
    Thanks !