Thread: Puppy update

Blog Entries

Puppy update

It is probably not a surprise to anyone that we ended up keeping the deaf puppy. If he was given to the shelter, he would have been put down. He was too nice and tried to be part of our pack to let that happen. Additionally, my son and his girlfriend got a Doberman puppy. Over the last month, we went from two adults and one cat to four adults, two dogs, and a cat. All in all things are going fine.

The deaf puppy turns out to be a great shop dog. Being deaf he hangs out or sleeps. The various loud noises don't faze him one bit. I believe in lots of exercise for dogs. So he gets long walks and a lot of socialization. He goes to the dog park twice a week. We are thinking of getting a vibration collar to call him off leash.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Good for you. I had a deaf German Shephard,He loved to play ball and he never let me out of his sight.

Heartwarming story Shawn. I applaud your family for making this work.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Blog Entries
    Good of you to look out for him Shawn. I hope he does wind up being a great shop dog.

PHM

That's great Shawn. I see the beginnings of a great friendship.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Thanks for the update Shawn. I appreciate you giving him a good chance and I'm sure he'll repay you.

Good dogs deserve good people

Great story with a happy ending for all. What more can one ask for?

Thanks for the update.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

Congratulations on the shop dog. Sometimes they can be hard to find. You did yourself proud. Nice save
    Teaching grandchildren the hobby is rewarding. Most of the time

Awesome. Let us know if you do the vibration collar. I'd be interested in hearing how that works out.