Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Big gloat in a small package!

A Big gloat in a small package!

A few days ago I was advised to expect a little surprise in the mail (you know how I love surprises, both giving and receiving them). Never did I imagine how big this little surprise would be!
    When I went to the mailbox today, I found a small flat rate box and when I picked it up I noticed it had a bit of heft to it!

Got in the house and tore it open and you could have knocked me over with a feather! It was a full set of D-Way Beading tools with a handle!
    2012-05-09_20-48-033.jpg2012-05-09_20-48-047.jpg
    I don't know why my benefactor (who will remain anonymous until he makes himself known here, or gives me the ok to make him known) wanted to give up this wonderful set of tools, but I can say I was Very happy to receive them!

You can't imagine how excited I was to try them out! Or well, being turners, maybe you can!
    The plan to get out the chainsaw and cut up some more blanks fell by the wayside and I made my way out to the shop and to the pile of blanks that had been cut previously. I picked up a small mesquite blank that was cut a few months ago and proceeded to turn a small bowl so I could put these tools through their paces!

This is the result. It's only about 4" diameter and I didn't pay much attention to design, I just wanted to use it as a canvas to turn some beads on. I was very pleased with how they performed and with the surface left behind. Can't wait to try them again but on a real form!
    2012-05-09_20-42-055.jpg2012-05-09_20-43-20_271.jpg2012-05-09_20-44-043.jpg2012-05-09_20-44-061.jpg
    Thanks for looking!
    Comments and critiques are welcome.
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Whoa!! Fantastic gloat and more proof that Creekers are pretty neat folks!
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

3. Geez Kathy.........you have got some very nice friends! There are some pretty special folks in this SMC family......whomever did this nice deed.........that is a lot of class!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Kathy, you now own what, IMO, are the best beading tools made, and the little diamond tool is one of my most used tools - so many applications for it. Creekers are great, and this is one huge gloat in a small box! I didn't realize Dave made a handle for his smaller tools - pretty neat!

Now THAT is a gloat! Karma has shined your way, Kathy...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Kathy,
    Your dedication and enthusiasm to our craft brings out the best in lots of folks. Good for you having inspired that kindness.
    faust

That is a big gloat. A wonderful gesture from your benefactor.

Alan

Somebody must really appreciate you Kathy! That is a wonderful gloat. The diamond tool Dave makes is just about the sweetest invention ever made. I bought one from him in Vancouver a couple of years ago and it has become one of my favorite tools.

Wonderful set, wonderful gift!. I have 2 of the beaders and they do work great.
    Retired - when every day is Saturday (unless it's Sunday).

Congratulations Kathy, a special person has gifted another special person with a very generous gift. I have two of the beaders and use them often. BTW, I like the little bowl, pretty wood.

Congrats Kathy and that is quite a gloat. That is a wonderful gift and a beautiful gesture on someones part.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Very nice gloat and gesture by your benefactor. Couldn't happen to a more generous person! I've been eyeing these beading tools for some time now, they should be a nice addition to compliment your work.
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

Congrats Kathy and wonderful gesture by someone! I have considered each of them on more than one occasion!

Congratulations Kathy. If you ever find that you don't need ALL of those beads, let me know and I'll send you my address!
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."

Wow! Congrats!! I can see your smile from here! Looks like you won't have any problem turning beads - nice start!! Have fun!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!