Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, it is underway

Steve, good job with going ahead and getting it built. Too many of us spend more time planning and dreaming about a new bench!
    Maurice

Thank you. If I find i need something made, why wait around. Tablesaw "bench" wasn't getting it done, because i'd have to clear it off to use the saw. Try to plane something, wind up chasing the saw across the floor. New bench stays put, that is what i wanted. Working on clamping stuff now....

Did you lose sleep over any 1/64th-inch gaps? No. Did you make it so pretty you're afraid to use it? No. Did you have fun making it? Sounds like a yes. Three right answers!

Trying to build ( in my head, right now) a wagon vise. Thinking about a short pipe, a pipe clamp, a block for the wagon, and a couple strips for it to ride along on. fasten the wagon to the pipe clamp part with a 1/2" floor flange. Might have to trim it a might, to fit. Then there is the matter of Dogs.....

Still planning things out. Finish for the top?????

A little late to the party here, but this is looking great! The skirts really do add rigidity. Here's a blog post I just did on building a Paul Sellers workbench of similar design, from construction-grade lumber: http://www.closegrain.com/2012/05/bu...workbench.html. He uses large stopped dados in the skirts to house the upper part of the legs. So that provides mechanical interlock, in addition to fasteners.
    Steve, mostly hand tools. Click on my name above and click on "Visit Homepage" to see my woodworking blog.