Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who DOES NOT drink coffee?

Who DOES NOT drink coffee?

I do not drink coffee...never developed a taste for it I guess. Both my folks and brother drink it but not in excess.

My wife doesn't drink it either. People wonder how I got through grad school! LOL!

I think coffee smells wonderful...it just doesn't taste anything like it smells!!

I pretty much dislike anything coffee-flavored: ice cream, various desserts (Tiramasu??), candy. Yuck yuck yuck.

I hate functions where all they serve is coffee...I have to find a water fountain or a vending machine for OJ or something (I don't drink much pop, either).

Anyone else? Am I it?! LOL
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

No, I do not drink coffee, only tea. But I am English which might have something to do with it! My brother just drinks coffee, go figure! I have the same problems at functions , always a pain to find the tea.

My wife likes the smell but doesn't like the taste. I hate the taste and find the smell repulsive. I can detect coffee in deserts and baked goods at even the tiniest of concentrations which makes it unpalatable to me.

When I showed up for jury duty earlier this week they had plenty of free coffee for all. Want some water? That's up on the main floor, but please don't leave the room till we release everyone on a break. It's offensive if you allow it to get to you, but so will everything else in life so I just sucked it up.

I don't touch the stuff. I drink diet soda for my caffeine. I don't care for the taste, but the (true) story I tell is that when I was a kid, my Dad would take me on fishing and hunting trips and he'd always bring a thermos of coffee. I asked him several times to bring hot water and make instant coffee and I could make hot chocolate. He refused saying "I don't like instant coffee, and someday you'll drink coffee like the rest of us". I never have, and thus can say I was right about something when I was a kid.

No coffee for me. Never developed a taste for it or any hot drinks, except for the occasional tea. One spoonful of coffee ice cream is OK. My caffeine comes from Coke. I forced myself to switch from regular Coke to Coke Zero last year and thereby have lost 27 pounds so far.
    Being well-read is not the same as knowing what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    I think coffee smells wonderful...it just doesn't taste anything like it smells!!
    Amen to that!
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

I don't drink coffee. I think the smell is awful. My parents nor my brothers drink coffee. I do usually drink two cans of diet Mt Dew every day.

I have never drank coffee.Don't like the smell or the taste.Never understood the big deal over something that was so nasty.

I love coffee, but have a greater blaspheme. I hate the taste and smell of beer. I like it for killing snails and slugs though.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

I give up drinking coffee, my caffeine are tea and coke

I gave up drinking coffee when i was about 6 I think. Yeah, really. I used to get up after my dad went to work and finish his coffee, it did have creamer and sugar in it though.

My wife drinks coffee, I just never developed a taste for it as an adult.

I don't care for the taste or smell, same with beer. Water and unsweetened tea works for me. I once was addicted to MT. Dew but now maybe drink 10 cans a year. My wife loves coffee.
    I do it right, cause I do it twice.

I'm with you, Chris, right up to the smell part. I don't care for the smell either. Don't like tea, either. I think I've only had coffee once or twice in my life. And even then it was only a few sips, just to be polite.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Don't touch the stuff. We got a home warming basket when we bought our house and it had coffee in it. Maxwell House instant I believe. We still have it, unopened. We've been in our house for 24 years now. If I want caffeine I get it by Coke Zero.

I have never had a cup of coffee. I guess that makes me a little strange. Course I have never had a beer either.
    Best Regards,

Gordon