Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Left my credit card at Famous Dave's......

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    We accidentally left a credit card at a local restaurant. When we got home the phone rang and manager of the restaurant asked if we had just eaten there. When we replied yes, he informed us he had our credit card. We drove back, showed a photo ID, retrieved the card and left a little something extra for our server too!
    That’s the way it should be handled. I was fortunate to remember the last time I’d used a credit card a few days prior to realizing it was gone. I called the restaurant and the owner admitted the waitress had failed to return the card. Obviously I didn’t notice it either.

When I asked the owner why he didn’t have the credit card company contact me—he didn’t have an answer. No response. We haven’t been back since after patronizing the place for over twenty years

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    Experiences like your wife's and Paul's don't make sensational news copy.

We would really be in a sad state if such decency were so rare as to become headline worthy!

Check this one out. I dropped my wallet (without noticing) in Japan's biggest, busiest train station. It contained a large amount of Japanese cash. We were rushing across the station to catch our next train. A young lady chased us all the way across the terminal to return it. She had seen it drop. Yes there are very good honest people in this world.
    "We the People ........"

Paul.......When on the South Island of New Zealand, we took a tour of the Milford Sound. It December 26th, Boxing Day, a NZ holiday and the tour entailed a 4 hour bus ride from Queenstown, 3 hours by boat and then 4 more hours by bus back to Queenstown. The bus driver told us to be on the bus no later than 5 minutes after the shipped docked. A professional photographer took photos as we boarded the ship and offered photo packages as we disembarked. My wife wanted the package, it was $18 NZ and I paid with a $20 for which he gave me change. 40 yards later up the pier as we entered the terminal building to board the bus, the photographer ran me down and gave me the 2nd $20 which was stuck to the first. There are honest people around the world.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....