Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simplicity #3

In my haste, I forgot.... Sorry. It's 7" at the rim and 9" tall... not quite the "golden mean". Maple burl "bell" and base, bubinga stem. Dyed of course... FWIW, here's a "head on" shot

simplicity_3_a.jpg:
    David DeCristoforo

David I love this piece! It really triggers something for me.

A very nice piece that exhibits a very nice ....smooth curve. The coloring is also very nice. I don't know how you can take this form much further, as it would be hard to improve on this simple shape. Nice work.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

"I don't know how you can take this form much further..."

But I haven't made a blue one yet...
    David DeCristoforo

5. I like this one much better than the 1st, and the color scheme is really complimentary to the piece, looks like an extermely difficult piece to get the proportions right, nice job, all of your turnings are extraordinary.

Beautiful piece David! This is definitely my favorite of the series. Love the color job and I'll be waiting to see the blue one!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Wow! That's what I keep saying to myself. Wow! You skills are very obvious. I love the form, curves and coloring. I'd love to spend a few days just watching you at the lathe.

Blog Entries
    I always know I'm in for a treat when I see a post from you David. Another superb job my friend.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Many thanx to all who took the time to look and comment.....
    David DeCristoforo

If you can't tell you nailed it, we can't tell you didnt. Really nice work.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Wow, three pieces too. That increases the complexity... I agree there should be a blue one!
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein