Thread: Controller box

Controller box

Thought I would share my rebuilt controller with everyone. It's a bit busy, but I like visual dianostics as much as possible. Using Mach3 as the control software, I have full control of my router through Mach3 and a connected Super-PID (not shown in photos).

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Epilog mini 24, 4x4 hybrid CNC, Aspire, Cut 3D, and lots of wood working equipment.

Looks great.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

that does look well done !

Looks good, but what are you doing for ventilation? Those power supplies look liked they're packed in pretty tight. Maybe a temperature display would be a good idea.

George,

Thanks! On the left side of the box(see a blue LED lighted object) is a 4 lb alluminum heat sink and 4" fan that the motor drives are connected to on the inside. on the lower right side of the box (may be able to see the wirring inside) is a 1" fan. I do have a temperature display, it is part of the Super-PID (not shown in picture) and I monitor the motor drive temp. The inside of the box and the motor drive run about 78 degrees f on a several hour run. About an 8 degree rise from powerup.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Spitzer; 05-24-2012 at 2:38 PM.
    Epilog mini 24, 4x4 hybrid CNC, Aspire, Cut 3D, and lots of wood working equipment.

If you feel the need to move to North GA and would like a job call me!!

Great job on the box.
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools