Thread: Wood Gloat

Wood Gloat

I stopped by to see my local woodpusher (Jeff Nicol) and he "forced" me to go home with a few pieces of wood. I just happened to stop by when he was cleaning out the back room to make room for a new/old horizontal mill that picked up from craigs list. It is really nice to have a friend like Jeff. Biggest heart in the world and graciuos to a fault.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike Svoma

"There is nothing sexier than a woman in camoflage"

Very nice indeed to have a local guy like Jeff around. That generosity doesn't surprise me one bit. Can't wait to hear about what kind of old arn he got. So...what's the first piece you're thinking of from all the wood loot??
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Rinehart View Post
    Very nice indeed to have a local guy like Jeff around. That generosity doesn't surprise me one bit. Can't wait to hear about what kind of old arn he got. So...what's the first piece you're thinking of from all the wood loot??
    Lots of spalted maple in there. I will be using it for birdhouse ornaments and bottle stoppers. I am in the middle of a big table project that will take me most of the summer so I probably won't be able to work with any of this until fall. Oh well, it's just nice to know that it is there when I need it.
    Last edited by Mike Svoma; 05-22-2012 at 4:47 PM.
    Mike Svoma

Having seen Jeff's shop, I am betting there is still plenty of wood around!!! And, he has the place in the country where he has some more "stash". Jeff is a super nice fellow and I am jealous you are so close.

Mike great load of wood. Jeff is top notch in my books and always willing to share both wood, tools and knowledge.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Making room for a new tool?? Figures... Congrats on the wood! Hope both you and Jeff are doing well!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Making room for a new tool?? Figures... Congrats on the wood! Hope both you and Jeff are doing well!
    Jeff can explain about his new toy. Can't wait to start in on this new wood stash. Now is the time to prepare for my son's college graduation and my daughter's high school graduation. We are doing great, Steve. Thanks.
    Mike Svoma

Great haul, Mike! Jeff is a generous sort, isn't he? Seems kind odd that I have sent him wood when he has so much. Enjoy all that stuff, Mike. And show us what you do with it!
    I drink, therefore I am.

Looks like a very nice assortment. A lot to look forward to!

That's a great haul Mike! Looks like a lot of nice wood. Having been on the receiving end of Jeff's generosity, I can confirm what a great guy he is!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.