Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scrap Wood? Disposal?

I'm not so sure the idea of small scale works when there are upwards of 6,000,000,000 of us on this little ball we're stuck on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Menzli View Post
    While its purely personal I dont think burning plywood on a small scale will be tragic. Keep in mind there are adhesives involved so make sure you aren't down wind and if you have neighbors perhaps prepare them. Id say find an old 55 gals metal barrel and burn away.. You can use the ash as a "lime" for your lawn and garden

Yeah, have someone drive it in a big truck many miles away to bury it in someone else's back yard, using more big equipment, where it will slowly decompose (very slowly due to the lack of oxygen as I understand) and slowly leach any chemicals into the groundwater. That does sound a lot better!

Matt I didn't mean to start anything, but if it takes a big truck... Well, it doesn't sound like small scale. As Michael said "its purely personal"
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    Yeah, have someone drive it in a big truck many miles away to bury it in someone else's back yard, using more big equipment, where it will slowly decompose (very slowly due to the lack of oxygen as I understand) and slowly leach any chemicals into the groundwater. That does sound a lot better!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    What is thermally reduced?
    A process wherein the temperature of the material in question is raised to the point effecting a continual reduction of residual material.

In other words, I burn it....

<grin>

Keith

I think he was referring to the garbage truck that would otherwise take it to a landfill.