Thread: Framing nailer??

Framing nailer??

I have a Paslode gas 2-3 1/4" nailer that is just too finicky for me. Since I have lots of 30 degree nails - full head offset, I would like to get a good framing nailer that can reuse all these nail strips. Looking for a quality nailer. Any specific recommendations?? Thanks.
    Pete

Supposedly the 30 degree nails are compatible with the Hitachi, Porter Cable and Senco guns.
    Any preference to those?
    Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I have a Hitachi but I've heard good things about the Max guns as well. You will absolutely want to try those nails in the gun before you buy... the Hitachi is 'near' 30 degrees. Hitachi also offers a gas option.

Alternatively, could you sell the Paslode + nails and start over?

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, you'll want the big Hitachi (90 series) if you're nailing 3"+ nails into LVL beams *BUT* I think those take 20 degree nails.

edit: it looks like all the Hitachi framers take 20/22 degree nails?

Blog Entries

I'm not sure if you're looking strictly at cordless (gas) nailers but I have the Paslode F350S (pneumatic) that uses the same 30° nails. It's not at all finicky, has been trouble-free and lots of power. It just isn't cordless.
    "He who dies with the most toys is none the less dead."

I have the last model of Paslode gas gun - not the current one that uses nail packages that include the gas cartridge. Mine uses the red top gas cartridge. Fires when it wants - not when I need! Probably only had 30 nails through it. Pete