Thread: Router Bit Experiences From...

Router Bit Experiences From...

I was at a woodworking buddies last night helping with a few pjcts and noticed a catalog from pricecutter.com which was a router bit catalog.

Normally I don't pay much attention to what I call "secondary" providers but I found a few raised panel profiles I like.

Anyone have any experience with bits from here?

Thanks
    Joe in Valrico

Hi, Joe, I have purchased many router bits from price cutter, which is part of Eagle America, Chardon, Ohio, no problems. I also have a lot of the Eagle America brand. (I have other brands also)
    Earl

Some guys on a DIY speaker building forum I used to frequent liked the price cutter bits (I've never tried price cutter). Personally, I've had bad luck with low priced bits from some other suppliers.
    When I do go discount, I use woodline USA (woodline.com). They have good prices and customer service. For all bits I know I will not be key bits in my collection I go with them.
    For more frequently used bits, I stick with CMT, Whiteside, and am trying (and so far liking) Infinity.

One of the biggest mistakes I made early on was buying a couple cheap bit sets. I should've bought quality bits as needed instead of spending the money on sets. I still have some frequently used bits I haven't replaced yet that drive me crazy.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter

Joe, I have some of Price cutters better bits, they are every bit as good as Freud, not as good as Woodline or Whiteside in my opinion. They also have bargin bits but I have never tried them. He also has some real nice sales time to time, well Buddy always has something on sale, just not always something I am looking for.
    The Light of One Candle is Never Dimmed by Lighting Another