Thread: wheels for my mustard monster

wheels for my mustard monster

I dont recall where I saw it ( or I would not be posting this) so I am hoping someone with a better memory than mine can help.
    I am in search of the article ,post or instructions on how to build a "moving system" for my 3520b using trailer jacks.

Here is the setup from craft supplies which is pretty slick. http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/st...ock_roll?Args= Really it is not to bad for the money.

Alan

Allen,
    I am not tall enough to raise my 3520 any higher as adding wheels might do. Besides, our club has a 3520 they put on casters so it could be moved out of the way when not in use. We had a guest demonstrator doing off center turnings and the darn thing walked around the room. The wheels just took away too much solidity. Needing a way to move my lathe occasionally, I picked up a hydraulic table at HF. I believe it was $129 at the time. When I need to move the lathe I park under it, lift it with the pump jack and roll it away.
    faust

Blog Entries
    I bought wheels for my PM 4224, I got the from Tucson wheel & caster. There tiny but they really work fantastic. I'll have to take a pic & post it when I get to work on Tuesday for you.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Echo on the HF hydraulic lift table. I block up the table with 6x6 deck posts and only need to move the table about an 1/2 inch to lift the lathe legs off the floor. Move the headstock and tailstock to the center for balance. Easypeasy.

Tom, in D'Ville, moving his 3520 when necessary.
    Chapel Hills Turning Studio
    Douglasville, GA

Hoosier by birth, Georgian by choice!

Have blanks, will trade.

The club Powermatic lathe at Rocky Mountain Woodturners has the trailer jack system.
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ver&highlight=
    This is link to post I did several years ago. I don't leave the jacks in place but have used to more on occasion. The jacks were on sale for $20 at time, but usually run less than $30 at Northern Tool or similar and other material except for bolts were scrap around shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Trout View Post
    Here is the setup from craft supplies which is pretty slick. http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/st...ock_roll?Args= Really it is not to bad for the money.

Alan
    I have these on mine, they work very well. I considered building my own but I’m glad I bought these. To do the same quality would have taken me more hours than I wanted to put in to it.