Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your single best turning accessory purchase?

I suppose I'm going to be a little biased on this , but buying a chuck pretty much forced me develope the chuck plate.. Since then, I don't know how anyone, especially me, can turn anything without using it first to turn a tenon...... Jerry (in Tucson)

Jerry, what is a chuck plate? I must have missed that one.

robo hippy

I'm with Kyle on the lathes...have the same thing and there is no reason to trade out or up. After that it's a choice between the Tormek and the bandsaw.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

4. Accessory? It would have to be my SuperNova Chucks. After that the wolverine jigs for sharpening, then my monster hollowing rig, then my Nicols steady rest, then my CBN wheel from D-Way, then a steb center and a cone live center, then my vacuum chuck..........that is the descending order of priority in what was most important.............since gouges, etc are not counted in this.

of course, the safety things like air cleaner and Trend Airshield pro are key...........I consider those my health protection and not necessarily turning accessories,though they are used in turning sessions as well. I have not had enough time to use my rubber chucky reverse chucky thingy to be able to evaluate its value, but I think it will end up being an important accessory in my arsenal.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Hmmm, well noted! Will have to look into all of those.

The question wasn't intended as what's important. It's just that as I was sharpening on my cbn yesterday I thought, "gosh, this is best darn thing I spent my $$ on recently." I know it's not the most important accessory, but I just LOVE it. I was just curious what other things people just love.

I'm going to have to go with my Airshield Pro. Makes it possible to turn without coughing the next day.
    Ridiculum Ergo Sum

Central dust collection (ClearVue Cyclone System) because I wouldn't even go in the shop if I didn't have that.
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."

Rolly Munro Articulated Mini Hollower (with an extra link).
    Best of the FABULOUS Munro hollowers. This tool made hollowing easier and more controlled for me. Bit of a learning curve, but well worth the time I invested.
    Change One Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Lux View Post
    I'm going to have to go with my Airshield Pro. Makes it possible to turn without coughing the next day.
    The only reason I didn't include mine is that it hangs on the back door of the house on the way to the shop...I don't have a choice! But I like your entry Scott!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

My Nova G3 for my Delta midi. Love it!

Joe
    "When the horse is dead, GET OFF."

Sharpening station with Baldor slow spend grinder, CBN 8" 180 grit and Norton blue 3X K 80 grit wheels, Tormek fixtures and jigs.

layout 5.jpg

CBN 180 grit wheel and Airstream AS 400 respirator.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.