Thread: Beaded Spalted Elm Bowl

Beaded Spalted Elm Bowl

So a few days ago I lost my 4 month battle with tool lust disease. I ordered the full set of D-way beading tools, the diamond tool, a 12" handle, reducer bushing..............8" 180 grit CBN Wheel. Dave had them to my door in two days flat. I'm an Amazon Prime junkie so it takes quite a bit for any online retailer to not annoy me these days, much less impress. He pulled it off.

Here's what I came up with. There are 2 booboos on this from catches on the endgrain. I sent Dave an e-mail describing the issue and asking for some tips on presentation. He responded within a couple hours. On the weekend.

8.125"x3.125"

You're going to love those beaders Jeremy!!! You should have picked up the phone! Dave will talk anyone thru anything anytime! Great gloat...and cool bowl to boot!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Very nice, Jeremy, nice consistent beading and a nice piece of elm. Sounds like you're doing your part in keeping Dave in business, he's a good guy and makes some nice tooling. I ordered one beading tool and the teardrop tool a couple of weeks ago to try them out, I'll definitely be ordering the other bead sizes in the future. I was really conservative though, I only put 4 beads at the rim, chicken?, yeah

Really nice Jeremy. I just ordered a 180 CBN wheel, a 3/16" beader and the tear drop tool. Was going to go all out but the minister of finance said easy boy, try one first.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thanks. I think I'l be ordering his spindle roughing gouge at some point as well. I'm still using my old Pinnacle that just won't hold an edge. It's all I use on pens so it would get some decent use. The handle is pretty cool looking too, by the way. Nice and solid feeling.

Looks like an outbreak of "beaditis" here on SMC. Where's that Dr. Keller when you need him? The beading is nice and adds some visual interest. But this would be a fine looking bowl without them. It's a very nice form.
    David DeCristoforo

Nice looking bowls out of some very pretty wood!

Very nice bowl Jeremy! Great job on the beads, those beading tools are great aren't they?
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

Beautiful bowl! Looks like you got that beading stuff down pretty good!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!