Thread: June AAW issue

June AAW issue

I thought I would toot my own horn because I am excited I finally get noticed amongst my peers for some pens I made and entered in their contest. The winners are shown in the AAW forum contest page. I happen to take second and third place in this small contest. But it makes me feel good to see my name printed for something good. I had shown these pens here before so please excuse me if this is boring but here are the placed pens again and thanks for looking. I am currently very busy at work but I do hope to be able to get back in my shop and continue some more ideas for some pens I am working on and I will be sure to post them here when done.

2nd place

3rd place

John T.

congratulations John, there were more than a few entries, to be published in American Woodturner is super

Congrats John. A honor well deserved. Both of those are very classy pens. I do like that first one.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations John, I'm not a pen turner but these are amazing. well done.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl View Post
    Congrats John. A honor well deserved. Both of those are very classy pens. I do like that first one.

Thanks Bernie. I did too and that is why I made second one. May have to do a few more of these. I am also wanting to do a little different version of this but that will have to wait for some shop time. But here is the second one i made with that pattern.

John T.

JT those are really nice pens and the honor is well deserved. Congratulations.
    Fred

Very deserving, You do wonderful pens.

Alan

I remember those John...well deserved...those aren't easy by any means!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots