Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red BLM Burl Vase...finally done!

Cool piece, Tim. Looks like someone dripped a cherry bomb in it and it blew part of the top off. Color is dramatic. The first pic, although it does not show the void, is my favorite view. The way the curl surrounds the burl cluster in the center is delicious!
    David DeCristoforo

Wow, that's amazing. I love the violence at the top. Nice finish. With the red and the destruction at the top, there's some metaphor about a broken heart here.

I'm sure it's more prominent in person, but I bet this woulda been equally impressive without the color.

All around fantastic!!! Normally, dying BLM is taboo as you mentioned, but this works so well! I like the width of the base, it lends itself to real pottery, but more of a radius may be something to look at. The finish is amazing!!! High 5!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Absolutely gorgeous Tim

Beautiful job Tim. I love the color.
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."

Gorgeous! What more to say? Great form and color. Great job!

Late to the party and nothing new to add, but have to chip in another "beautiful" for this piece. Really outstanding wood, form, color and finish.

Time, I think the blacked out inside is incredibly striking, but would love to see the inside color, too.
    When you approach the lathe you have "the plan", after your first catch you have "the intent".- P. Harbeck