Thread: Hats off to Hammer

Hats off to Hammer

I received my new Hammer K3 winner couple days ago and finally got it all set up and the electric run. I pluggged it in and no power. After I thought I checked everything, I called Hammer at 5:30 pm on a Friday and someone answered the phone. The person was patient and got me running. I'm good for the weekend. I continued to tell him how helpful everyone has been at Hammer. From purchased to delivery and set up, it couldn't have been a better experience. Funny thing is the guy who answered was the president of the company. He welcomed me to the family and gave me a few more pointers. Reaffirms my decision to purchase Hammer. Special thanks to Rich in sales and the support team who has called twice since delivery to let me know they are available to me if I need them. Well done everyone.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Congrats on the new machine. It's good to hear you were treated well.
    What was the power problem?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    Always nice to hear good news. Good for you Dominic and congratulations on the new table saw.

And welcome to Sawmill Creek.

PHM

What was the problem?
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    What was the problem?
    Sorry for the delay. After watching the setup video for the last three weeks I thought I knew what I was doing inside and out. I was sure the lock on the blade access door needed to be in the full up position. I was wrong, It needed to be in the center position. That was it. Ripped 8/4 hard maple today like butter. Also, invested in the AF14 dust collector. Between the 5" cabinet collection and the 2" blade guard collection I had nearly no dust to clean. I built many projects over the last 17 years with a shopsmith. Bought it right out of college kid with my first bonus check from my first "real" job. As my experience and capabilities grew, I often found that the shopsmith could not provide the capacity or the accuracy required for the work I was attempting; very frustrating? So I have waited for this for a long time.

6. Bingo! I did the same exact thing! I thought the thing was dead as a doornail but the switch for the sliding cover must be in the middle position. The saw is made for both the K3 and B3 configurations but no where in the manual does it say anything about it. I love my K3! I have an A3-31 J/P on order for delivery in August. I also got a Forrest WWII thin kerf blade made so it wouldn't waste so much expensive hardwood. A side benefit is it is a lot quieter and the electric brake works a lot faster since there is a lot less mass to slow down. It took a month to get since they had to custom build it but it was worth the wait. Another great option is to get the Wixey table saw digital fence kit. I had to make a couple of brackets out of perforated strapping but once it was installed, I can dial in anything within .005 of an inch. Makes it easy to get repeatable results even if you have to change the fence setting in between.

I am envious, but happy for you.... its nice to see these companies provide such support..

can you tell us your first impressions of the saw once you get your feet wet ... I have one on my "hit" list....

I am another caught by that switch. It took a while looking at the pictures in the all-German manual to figure it out.

I also would like to compliment the Felder/Hammer company on their excellent service. My recent purchase of a Hammer J/P was very positive. This is in contrast to my purchase of a Felder saw several years ago. They have really turned around their company. I look forward to doing business with them again.

You would think a guy would post a few pictures of a machine like this .. So the rest of us can live vicariously through photos...

Pfft ..

Glad to hear that it was so simple Dominic, as Howard indicated the interlock issue is due to the K3/B3 sharing many components.

On the B3 the interlock is as follows

Down Position starter locked out, sliding cover for the saw can be opened

Middle Position saw and shaper available, saw cover and shaper door locked

Up Position starter locked out, shaper door can be opened

So although you don't have a shaper or a shaper door on the K3, you have the same interlock as the B3 and when the interlock is in the up position the starter is locked out.

Enjoy your new K3, and remember, without photographs it didn't happen...............Regards, Rod.

Thanks, guys. It's good to hear I wasn't the only one to miss the switch position. Funny thing is I looked at that for awhile and could not figure out why the switch had three positions. Now it makes sense. I will take a couple pictures and post them. I am n the middle of moving my shop into the garage. I have been working in my basement, but for obvious reasons (size and weight) the shop needs to come to the machine.

Congrats on the new machine Dominic. You will not be disappointed with the machine or further customer service!!
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.