I got to be hands on with one of these about a week ago. I didn't have time for a full indepth review and I like to be present with a machine before going into tiny details but I will give my first impressions and answer any questions I feel comfortable doing.

This is a 14" steel framed saw designed as a upgrade to the venerable 10-325. The saw is overall a better saw than the 10-325, no question there. In my estimation the class of this field was the Laguna LT14 SUV which runs $1600 vs the Rikon at $1,500, at these price points the SUV has a 3hp motor and the Rikon a 2.5hp, you can get a US made Baldor 3hp motor for the Rikon, then the price is $1800.

To make this very short the guides and fence are better on the 10-350 than the 10-325 which are the two knocks against the 10-325 but I still prefer the Laguna. The blade tension quick release is incorporated into the tension wheel on the Rikon so it is accessible from front or back. The table is larger than the Laguna which is nice and the work light is OK. The wheels on the Laguna are much more substantial looking, I can't say heavier since I didn't weigh them but unless Rikon is using some tungsten or gold somewhere they are lighter. The is more plastic on the Rikon but not by much. I only have a sample of one for the Rikon but fit and finish is not as nice as the Laguna either but again not by a huge margin and both are in the mid to upper end of inexpensive Taiwan saws.

The Rikon sets up easily and cuts well, nothing unusual or odd though the tension scale is tiny but then again they are generally useless anyway IMHO. This is a fine saw, a significant improvement over the 10-350. The real question is what to buy at the price point, since I haven't seen any sale pricing on the Rikon or even when/if it may occur it is just the $1500 price vs the 1600 Laguna. For me hands down the Laguna is still the king of this size/price point. The larger table of the Rikon is nice and useful but it doesn't balance things like guides, fence, fit/finish and hp for me. Without a sale on the Rikon I would bet you can get the Laguna in your shop for less money when sales/throw-ins on the Laguna are factored in. Now if/when the 10-350 goes on sale for $1,100 or so the equation becomes different. If you are a Rikon lover just buy the 10-345 18" saw for under $1,200 when it is sale priced, but if you need/want the 14" size and have $1500+ to spend look hard at the Laguna LT14 SUV.