Thread: Shipping to canada

Shipping to canada

Can someone please advise me the best (cheapest but still timely) way to ship some tools to Canada? USPS seems to want a lot to send flat rate priority boxes.

Blog Entries
    Depending on what it is,the USPS is still the cheapest way to send to Canada.
    FexEx and UPS often add customs or other fees that the recipient has to pay.

Howard Garner

Send it USPS NOT UPS unless the recipient has a customs broker. If they don't have broker UPS will royally rip them off.. Priority post is just as fast as ground ups, and a LOT less customs hassle and expense
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

I have a UPS account and they charge a $35 broker fee to clear customs. This fee is paid by the recipient and you have no control over it, but I have never seen it in writing at UPS. I just hear about it from irate customers. USPS is probably the cheapest way to go.

Hi Zach, I always specify that the vendor use the United States Postal Service when I buy items from the US.

As others have indicated, their rates are lower and I don't wind up paying an additional $40 for custome brokerage like I do when the item is shipped by courier.

Regards, Rod.

When stuff comes to me via UPS, I avoid the UPS-RipOff by using a customs broker.. The UPS charge can range from$35.00 to over $50.00 depend ing on the value.. My broker charges me 10-14 bucks on average.. USPS mostly comes in 'no charge' or if identified as a commercial item, customs is 5 bucks plus the HST tax which I get back anyway.. Overnight DHL from the states, no broker needed, they simply hand you the package.
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

I'm on the other side of the fence - I'm in Canada and both ship and receive things to/from the United States.

USPS has always been the least expensive option for receiving items from the U.S.A. and, Canada Post has always been the least expensive option for shipping items to the U.S.A.

As others have noted, due to their customs brokerage fees, I avoid UPS like the plague.

Having said that - please note that I said the postal services are the "least expensive" options - I did NOT say that either were INexpensive.
    I love mankind. It's people I can't stand.