Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In the saddle FINALLY

Jeff i cut up some scrap this am and if these will work for you i'll get them in the mail.There all hard wood, but as you can see there's some i'm not sure what they are. The popular and the light color woods will make good practice pieces. the other DKW is real nice stuff just don't remember what it is.007 [].jpg008 [].jpg

Well it's not so much BACK into turning, as finally getting to do things with items I've purchased over the years...*laugh*

I'm going to speak with tree trimmers as well and do some research on how to let these things cure. That's going to take some doing..storage is an issue in my shop, but I"m sure I can come up with something. I'll just have to be choosy.

But as I said, I have finally turned an actual product...a thing. It's not terrific, but as a place to start from, I am not disappointed.

This is red oak someone up in the Conroe, TX area had milled into lumber after Hurricane Ike. It sat outside for several years under a tarp. To keep my costs down, a simple dowel and silicone insert was used...
    stopper 2.jpgstopper 3.jpg

Oh wow Steve...that's some beautiful stuff...probably too pretty for what I'm doing...LOL, but I'll put it to work.

Thank you, thank you very much