Thread: Looking for a source of high quality presentation cases for model 1911 .45

Looking for a source of high quality presentation cases for model 1911 .45

I've got the opportunity to provide presentation cases for some specialty engraved .45 pistols. Can anyone provide a source for a high-end product. Looking along the lines of a high gloss finish and velvet liner that can be personalized.

Let me know in the forum or PM if you want.

Thanks
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

Here's what I'm looking for:

Found this supplier in Alabama, Howell Display Cases. Pretty nice stuff. I'm now working on a quantity deal.
    Bruce Clumpner
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

Bruce, did you look at the JDS rosewood boxes with the laser cuttable foam?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Steve,

Thanks for the suggestions! I've used their lacquer coated boxes before and am looking for something a step or two above that. Something I can use 3-D laser carving instead of just raster engraving.

I'm also pursuing local sources. Guess I should look in the other SMC forums for a local craftsman?

Thanks.

bruce
    Bruce Clumpner
    Irvine, CA
    -
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Clumpner View Post
    I'm also pursuing local sources. Guess I should look in the other SMC forums for a local craftsman?
    Mike Henderson lives in Tustin: I did some engraving for one of his boxes and he does absolutely beautiful work. Depending on how many and how fast you need them, he might be interested...can't hurt to ask.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Thanks, I'll reach out!

-bruce
    Bruce Clumpner
    Irvine, CA
    -
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav