Thread: PSI lcgrind 4

PSI lcgrind 4

Tried to help a friend set up is new psi lcgrind 4 sharpening system. The manual that can with it is not friendly. Does anyone know if the fingernail jig is set up the same way that a Oneway jig is? Need the distance that the tool sticks out the end of the jig so we can make a stop so he does it right each time. Thanks.

I don't have the PSI sharpening set up but I have the Wolverine. Just by looking at the pictures the grinding jig attachment looks totally different the way it is set up. It looks like the length the tool sticks out would be very different than the Wolverine. JMO.
    Seven days without turning makes one weak.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Stilwell View Post
    Tried to help a friend set up is new psi lcgrind 4 sharpening system. The manual that can with it is not friendly. Does anyone know if the fingernail jig is set up the same way that a Oneway jig is? Need the distance that the tool sticks out the end of the jig so we can make a stop so he does it right each time. Thanks.
    Bruce,

Just from looking at the pics of the PSI system, it looks very similar to the oneway.........I would guess that the distance from the end of the tool to the jig should be about 1.75 to 2.0 inches..........what I would do is try that setup and see what kind of results I got, then tweak it on the angle till I got the grind I wanted.

Nice to see you posting!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

As a thought...place the gouge up to the wheel, keeping in mind the cutting edge, tighten it down and have a wack at it. Unless you used a dumpy level and a micrometer on a bubble level offset, inches and fractions are best left to the brain-trust. Set it, turn it on and go.
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots