Thread: Art Fair Results

Art Fair Results

Just finished my first and probably only art show of the year. Leeper Park Art Fair in northern Indiana. Overall the show was a bit slow, but still managed to sell quite a few items. Of course it rained(hard) and was hot, very hot! Middle 90s and very humid. This was my first "high-end" art show. I have done a couple other shows in the last few years. Big difference I noticed, people are there looking for art to buy, rather than the casual person just wanting to look. I am very pleased, I did sell a couple pieces in the $200 range among other smaller items. Bottle-stoppers are always a big seller. I thought the booth looked, nice. Not great by any means, but not the worst either. Some great artist from the mid-west area. It was a ton of fun, I was actually sad I had to pack up the booth and go home. Definitely going to do the show again next year.

Maybe now I can spend some more time here now that I'm not stressing about being ready.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

nice gloat, good looking stuff and well displayed,

did the side flaps help during rain????????? did the side flaps keep the heat in????????

Thanks Charlie.

Yes! thw walls worked great. At times there was a pretty good breeze coming through, the walls buffered it and helped to keep everything on the tables. Only a couple big gusts blew things around a bit. They ended up being a great help with the rain. I have a front and back wall as well, kept everything dry. The heat did hang in the tent a bit, but if the back was open like in the picture, the breeze kept it cool, also, kept the intense sun at off the top of your head.

4. Nice setup there Michael......you had some nice turnings to display. Were most of the other tents wood turnings as well? Sometimes when there is a lot to choose from, the location of your tent has to do with the amount of sales..........folks spend at the first 4 or 5 before they even get to your tent if you are 19th in line...[I was told that by someone who did craft shows some years ago....they said location mattered in the volume of sales].......glad you got some sales. Maybe it is some different in an art show???

I like that hollow form with finial on the pedestal............NICE!!!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Michael - nice setup! Congrats on your sales and on the overall positive experience! From your report - sounds like the economy is changing and we can all hope for some sales of our 'art' pieces!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Well done Michael! That's a cool display. Work on the table is great...sales are well deserved!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Looks like he has my tent. Nice display.
    C&C WELCOME

Roger, I was the only turner with this type of work. The other guy had a ton of pens and that's all. Didn't get a chance to talk to him on his sales though. The fair is set up in a circle, people can enter from all around so really no beginning or end. 120 artist in all ranging from jewelry to ceramics, very little wood. Good for me I think.

Can't tell you how many people told me they turn on a Shopsmith though.

Mike
    Glad to here that the show was a success.
    Looks like a nice variety of turnnings and it sounds
    like you had some good sales which is promissing for many.
    Tim

Good looking setup and really nice turnings. Congrats on the sales.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thanks for all the nice thought. Now that the show is over, I hope to have more time to partake in the forum.