Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stabilizing tank

A perfect vacuum (1 atm) is equal to 760 mm of mercury or 29.9 inches of mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Watling View Post
    A perfect vacuum (1 atm) is equal to 760 mm of mercury or 29.9 inches of mercury
    I am sure you meant this but for clarification for others...A perfect vacuum AT SEA LEVEL on a standard atmospheric day (59° f) is 760 mm gauge or 0mm absolute which equates to 29.92" Hg gauge or 0" Hg absolute. Since the amount of atmosphere is less at higher elevations, a perfect vacuum at 5,000' above sea level, for example, is approximately 639mm gauge or 25.16" Hg gauge on a standard day.
    Last edited by Curtis O. Seebeck; 07-20-2012 at 12:10 AM.
    Curtis O. Seebeck
    Need Cactus Juice?

I just picked up some Polycryl, I got a good deal on it when I made another purchase. (I got free shipping and percentage off.) Has anyone tried polycryl for stabilizing. I read up on it and was wondering if anyone on here has experience with it for vacuum stabilizing?
    Seven days without turning makes one weak.

A little different question. Will these compressors pull enough for a vacuum chuck on a lathe?
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Westfall View Post
    A little different question. Will these compressors pull enough for a vacuum chuck on a lathe?
    I was wondering the same thing Keith. Mine, I'm sure is a low CFM compressor but I'm not sure how much that matters. I seem to remember most people hanging around a vaccum of 15-28 but again, not sure of the unit of measure. I'd really like to find out!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots