Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bought a used Agazzani bandsaw on Craiglist today

bought a used Agazzani bandsaw on Craiglist today

It's a B20 and in great shape. Apparently just sitting around mostly for about 6 years. It does have the older Euro guides. Came with the lenox carbide blade and a few others.

Anyone want a Jet 18? :-)

Wow. Some people never sleep on this board :-)

It's actually an NRA-500. This is a 20" saw similar to the one I almost bought recently in Las Vegas. I got this one in LA, so was a lot shorter drive. Still, it was a 7 hour trip yesterday to pick this up. I'm cleaning things with Boeshield T9 this morning. The Jet 18 is next to it for comparison (if the picture loads).

I paid $1950 for the saw, which is something like a third of the new price from what I understand. Not that much of a gloat since the Las Vegas saw was $1500. Still, I'm happy with it. This has the rip fence and crosscut guide with it. It also has an interesting box around the lower guides to collect sawdust.

I don't know the difference between the B20 and NRA-500 and neither did the fellow I bought it from apparently. Does anyone here know? This saw is 6' 6" and will fit though my 7' door, so I think it's about all the saw I can take.

The wheel set is nice on the Agazzani. Looks like 0.125" tubing. I'll probably weld a set of leveling pads on the corners like I did on the wheels I made for the Jet. (see pic) This takes the weight off the wheels and helps to stabilize the saw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Larry Gipson; 06-20-2012 at 1:14 PM.

Nothing wrong with Euro guides, I like them. The "new" Agazzani guides are slightly better but I can't tell a huge difference.

BTW the rule around here is "no pictures, didn't happen". Understand that it is all in good fun, and though we do believe "you" we wanna see the booty before we roll out the "YOU SUCK" posts, also good natured.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Don't know what you paid for it, but preemptively assuming that you got a gloat-worthy deal...

You Suck!

Congratulations!

You have got to post pics of your new saw. Van Huskey is right no pictures means it never happen.

You will like that saw! Congratulations!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

If it is the older blue saw on CL I saw the listing and you got a great saw. You can't overpay for the right tool and there are no deals on the wrong one. Dave

I just checked my local craigslist.

GOOD NEWS: There are a number of bandsaws for under $100.

BAD NEWS: They are all made by Craftsman, Ryobi, etc.

...Also lots of cheap jointers, drill presses, chop saws, and thickness planers. Looks like everybody is selling their junk!

I don't see a saw.

The N'RA series is what the B-XX series imported by Eagle is based on, Eagle's taller resaw series (ie B-20/20) is based on the Agazzani HR series. I have seen the N'RA series with different configurations but currently the N'RA sold by Agazzani will have just over 14" of resaw and a 2hp motor the main difference between the N'RA and B-20 is the motor and cosmetics, the B-20 has a 3hp motor, though N'RA machines sold in NA may have an uprated motor as well.

The current price of a B-20 is $2,995 plus shipping.

Yours look very clean and though you didn't steal it you got a very fair deal.

YOU SUCK!

BTW thanks for the pics!

Speaking of doors and bandsaws you haven't had fund until you have to tip a bandsaw through a door, at first it looks like it only needs a few degrees of tipping, then all of a sudden you have it tilted back 30* or so and everyone helping you is starting to complain and you are getting a physics lesson about center of gravity, good times!

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Congrats on a great saw purchase. Keep both saws
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Keep both saws
    I forgot that VERY important point!

Oh, I see it now

Yeah, keep both saws. I'm heading out in about an hour to pick up a second saw. I just can't function with one in any sort of efficient manner.

The plate on the saw says the motor is 2.2kw 14.5A. Any idea what the conversion is? A few places on the net seem to think it's just under 3hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gipson View Post
    The plate on the saw says the motor is 2.2kw 14.5A. Any idea what the conversion is? A few places on the net seem to think it's just under 3hp.
    2.2kw is marketed as 3hp but technically just under.

You suck! Actually I was drooling over that add in Craigslist, but no funds

Glad it's going to someone that will be able to put it to a much better use than I could anyway. Congrats!