Thread: WynnEnviromental Filters

WynnEnviromental Filters

Wynn Enviromental Filters

I sent an Email to Wynn this morning wanting to purchase one of their filters for my HF dust collecter. I was unable to find an order page on their web, so my Email was a question of how to order (I am hard of hearing and don't do well on the phone). Thirty minutes later Mr Wynn himself called me.

We had a plesant talk and he graciously took my order after making sure that I was ordering the correct one.
    He did say they were working on their site to make make it better for us.

In my book that is what is called first class customer service. Thank you Mr Wynn.

Just saying.
    Smokey
    TheShadeTreeWW

Charles, as I've said elsewhere, Dick seems like a stand up guy to me. I had problems with his nanofilters- totally self inflicted, my screw up- and he spent way more time with me than the profit he could make from the filters I bought. I know there is controversy regarding nano vs Oneida's hepa-like filters but I think every ambient cleaner should have his MERV 14 filters or even his nano overhead cleaners. Dave

I called them up on a Friday once to order a bit of flex pipe and some of their special clamps (which if you use spiral plastic tubing for any reason, their clamps are the best). I think we chit chatted for 25 minutes about his baby monitor, and just generally shot the breeze for a while. They are one of those companies that I always look forward to doing business with.

Similar experience for me. Really great guy. He spent about 15 minutes on the phone with me, telling me far more than I needed to know about filters! It was great. Pretty rare these days.

Red face

Same story here, they are a first class operation. I bought 2 filters from them.

It makes you wonder if they make any money over there. Have any of you called and not gotten Mr. Wynn right away and/or spent several minutes talking with him to ensure you were getting the right filter or product? Let's say that John's experience is typical. That means in an 8 hour day, he can take 19 orders. I hope there's a hefty margin on filters because I'd love for this business to stay around.

Just keep in mind that he is helping the 5-10 percent of his customers who really need help. The rest of the time is he probably shipping 10X the amount of orders without any problems at all....discussions like this make me want to work with them when it comes time to do business......

Bryan

Really I am going to start my shop some time this summer dear.......

He answered the phone back when I ordered my filter as well....

I believe Wynn's primary business is industrial dust collection/air cleaning systems, not small shop/hobbyist like most of us. I'm not even sure why they offer cannister filters but I'm glad they do. I think there are a father & son that own the business and the father might be a hobbyist woodworker.

similiar experience. ive bought several different filters from Wynn now, and Dick always contacts me to make sure its all right and even give install advice for different applications.

Same here. He answered the phone when I called and got me exactly what I needed. Super guy and great product. One point he made several times on the phone (that I promptly ignored) was that I needed to use my air compressor to spray out the fine sawdust from the pleats of the canister every week or so. After two weeks, my CFM had dropped to maybe 1/3 of what it was. I now follow his advice, unless I use my dual drum sander. I've learned to spray out the canister after each drum sanding.
    Soli Deo Gloria.
    Chief Sawdust Maker, LoneStar Artisans
    Chief Sawdust Maker, The BoardSMITH
    Secretary, North Texas Woodworkers Association

A few days ago, I passed this thread along to Wynn. I figured I should share it.

Hey, you guys are definitely dong something right

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?188171-WynnEnviromental-Filters

-John Coloccia

John

Thanks for the link, it really does make our day when our customer are happy with us!!! I will make sure
    Dick sees this link, he will be in later this afternoon.

Thanks again,

Denise Valentine
    Wynn Environmental
    211 Camars Drive
    Warwick, PA 18974
    Tel: 215-442-9443
    Fax: 215-442-9445
    sales@wynnenv.com

John,

Dick Wynn here.

We appreciate it when our efforts are recognized and relayed to others.

Thanks!

Dick